Sound hole cover for a D-50 ?

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm helping a guy out in the AGF trying to get a feedback buster , sound hole cover that fits his ....

it's a D50 Bluegrass Special, built in Tacoma WA in 2006. Has s/n TJ109017, so according to Guild Serial Number Lookup pdf it was built on April 19th, 2006...

He measured the hole at 3-7/8, but one that says it should fit a 4" - 3-7/8" opening was 4" and wouldn't fit. What model/brand buster can I point him to for this guitar ?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm helping a guy out in the AGF trying to get a feedback buster , sound hole cover that fits his ....
He measured the hole at 3-7/8, but one that says it should fit a 4" - 3-7/8" opening was 4" and wouldn't fit. What model/brand buster can I point him to for this guitar ?
Patience, grasshopper, I've only seen feedback busters for Guilds like twice in all my 6 years here and can't even recall whose they were. Planet Waves, maybe?
Just so you know if response time is slow.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm a shade tree mechanic my Fb bust is 3 7/8's Also but no worries it just shim time a few wraps of cut to fit duct tape leaving some to fold over the back so it won't peel up and BAM! Perfect fit.
Duct tape likes music to just use black gorilla tape or some thing semi commercial .

And yes I WD-40 my fret boards ! 😜

Last edited:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I used a Planet Waves in my Guild D 35 a couple years ago when I was playing out. I had a DTAR system installed so had to notch out a small piece of it so I could get to the volume and tone wheel controls inside the soundhole. It fit and worked fine.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry i could sleep last night I had come back .

So the sound hole measured 3-7/8's on the guitar ?

my feed back buster is made by kaman music it measures 3 7/8's what does the FB buster this guy have measure ? maybe they mis packaged it ?

I do have another one I can't find but I remember it fitting quite snug one guitar but I got it in .... er ...... placed yeah placed is better LOL

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. All the standrad size ones are too big for my D50. Any thoughts?