1991 Nightbird DX (Deluxe) #LC000020: What is it worth these days?

PamBot3000

Reaction score
I was thinking about selling mine, but I have no idea what to ask for it (no case, just the guitar). From all the information about the DX series I've found online, I apparently own the last one ever made (only 20 produced from 1990-91 and I have serial #20). Any input would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

matsickma

Reaction score
Is that a fully solid body guitar? Due to it's uniqueness a collector will yield the best price. For a player or Guild guitar "experimentist", like many at LTG, I would estimate $700 to $900. Not having the case will put downward pressure on price. I am basing my estimate on the price Brian Setzer solid body '80's Bluebirds often bring. (Note I used the word "experimentists" instead of "flipper" because many are interested in checking out an unusual Guild but not looking to "cash in" on a resell.)

M

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
What an interesting guitar. Arched top? Is it hollow?

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Never seen one from that year. Anybody know what makes it "deluxe"?

PamBot3000

Reaction score
Yes, fully solid body. Thanks for the info! I've had this thing in storage for about a decade, but I didn't know the history of Nightbirds until a few days ago. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the serial number and discovered that this is likely the last 1990's DX ever made!

PamBot3000

Reaction score
I'm undecided about selling it though. Just need to clear out some gear, and I already have my Gibson Ripper bass listed on ebay, so I'm not sure I need to get rid of this Nightbird. I kind of like it, but on the other hand, a real Guild collector might appreciate it more. As I mentioned before, it's just been laying around in storage for ages, so parting with it wouldn't be a great heartache for me (not like my Gibson EB-0 bass...that's my baby!)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is that a Floyd Rose or Kahler on it? Or is it just a black stop tail?

PamBot3000

Reaction score
What kind of pickups are on the guitar? SD's ?
M
This might help. I found this info online from http://www.usedprice.com/items/audio/guild-guitars/electric-guitar/nightbird-deluxe-170223.html (although I think the production years are incorrect according to what I've read from other sources...I think it was only 1990-1991 for the DX):

Model: Nightbird Deluxe
Manufacturer: Guild Guitars
Type: Electric Guitar
Year: 1991-1994
Body: Mahogany
Top Wood: Spruce
# of Strings: 6
Pickups: Humbucker
Pickup Configuration: H-H

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What kind of pickups are on the guitar? SD's ?
M

Is that a Floyd Rose or Kahler on it? Or is it just a black stop tail?

Most of the ones I've seen had DiMarzio pickups and a Schaller wrapover bridge/tailpiece combination:

NightbirdDlx.jpg

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl