Pups at Guild Shop

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Great to see those floating DeArmonds at those prices, because all available reports say they're great.

And incredibly inexplicably strange they're sticking with those specs on the small humbuckers. Unless they're sitting on ten thousand pickups already made, I don't get the stubborn "they're wrong, but we're sticking to our story" thing.

And honestly still quite surreal to see Franz pickups reissued. I didn't think that was ever going to happen.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Couldn't you just order the "wrong" pickup and install it to have even wound humbuckers ?

parker_knoll

Reaction score
Great to see those floating DeArmonds at those prices, because all available reports say they're great.

And incredibly inexplicably strange they're sticking with those specs on the small humbuckers. Unless they're sitting on ten thousand pickups already made, I don't get the stubborn "they're wrong, but we're sticking to our story" thing.

yes, i wondered this. i mean, they only have to rewind them, it's not like they have to trash the whole thing.

And honestly still quite surreal to see Franz pickups reissued. I didn't think that was ever going to happen.

hahaha. you said they're all right, though, yes?

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
hahaha. you said they're all right, though, yes?
They're a little hotter than what I'm used to, but I'm comparing them to pickups that are fifty years old, and I haven't done the "reverse test" of fitting the new pickups to one of my old guitars, so my findings aren't all that scientific. I have a set of old ones on my NS X175 now, and it's still louder, "uglier" and more agressive sounding than my old guitars, so ....

Structurally, they're a pretty impressive re-make. The baseplates have different "ears", the polescrews have slightly fatter heads, and the coils are just a hair taller. Otherwise, they're impressively close.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very exciting! I just checked the site a couple of days ago. And now, "Wham, there they are!" I'm now wishing for pickguards for electrics.

TVeye

Reaction score
Very exciting! I just checked the site a couple of days ago. And now, "Wham, there they are!" I'm now wishing for pickguards for electrics.

Ditto!

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Are these HB-1s humbucker sized or HB-1 sized?

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Don't get too excited - at least in the case of Franz-equipped guitars, the NS pickguards won't fit a vintage guitar.
Actually, I need one for my CE-100D with the mini-humbuckers. Although I've been recently considering moving the Franz's on my T-100D to my Capri and then replacing them with the NOS Dynasonics. In that case, I'll need uncut blanks :confusion:

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
It would be really helpful if they'd specify.

Zelja

Reaction score
It would be really helpful if they'd specify.
There are some dimensions on the site but they can't be for the pickup itself - way too big. Might be the box they ship in or at the every least includes pickup surrounds & adjustment screw lengths.

The continued spec of the bridge minihum, if indeed correct, is rather disappointing (and I'm toning down my language here).

TVeye

Reaction score
The new pickups ARE HB-1 sized! Everything lines up perfectly to a vintage ring.
Will have to wait till Saturday to see how it sounds.
Only got a Neck so someone else will have to demo a Bridge.