GAD30 for sale

geoguy

Reaction score
Still available . . . a fellow who was interested went "radio silent" before we found a time/date for him to check it out.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice! Congrats

Thanks.

As you can see from my signature and recent posts, I seem to have become "uncle in charge keeping nephews supplied with guitars".

That was the plan for the GAD F-130R-NAT I picked up earlier this year.

But.

Tonight I cleaned it really well, oiled the bridge and fingerboard, sanded down the saddle to bring down the action and strung it up with the medium gauge Tony Rice Martin monel strings a bunch of us bought when the were on sale.

Holy. Crap.

My test of guitar bonding is how long do I play it before I put it down and grab something else. Before tonight the F-130R was out of my hands in 15 minutes or less. Tonight? I quit after an hour because my fingers were sore. Otherwise I'd still be playing.

I think I might be bonding. <<gulp>>

I'm hoping the incoming GAD30 doesn't affect me the same way, otherwise I'm trying to explain away two new guitars to She Who Must Be Obeyed.

And the Tony Rice strings? I put a set on my DV-6 and hated them - took them off after 2 days. On the F-130R they sound great.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
As the previous owner of your F130R and the incoming GAD30, I can safely say that you'll be busy bonding for a while. Both are great little Guilds!

Here they are together at my place and what a trip to think that they'll be together one more time.
:joyous:

k2eG4J.jpg

Enjoy,
Joe

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
As the previous owner of your F130R and the incoming GAD30, I can safely say that you'll be busy bonding for a while. Both are great little Guilds!

Here they are together at my place and what a trip to think that they'll be together one more time.
:joyous:

k2eG4J.jpg

Enjoy,
Joe

Very cool that they will be reunited and it feels so good..😀

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying the F130R, and looking forward to a report on the reunion.

Neal

Reaction score
Congratulations.

I had the same experience recently with my F-47R and the Martin Tony Rice Monel Mediums.

They are the perfect match for that guitar. Way better than the Elixers I had on her, which were too bright when matched to the rosewood.

Time will tell how long they hold tone. The Elixers hold tone for a long, long time, and are a great match for mahogany and maple. And the Monels are a bit squeakier/noisier until you get used to them.

Neal

jgmaute

Reaction score
This is great on so many levels! I love this place. Speaking of bonding with gift guitars....My husband is still trying to wrap his head around the Blueridge BR-371 I bought our granddaughter last year when she was born. (Everyone needs a birth year guitar, right?) Wonderful gramma that I am, I'm keeping it for her for the next decade or so. That way it will have gramma mojo by the time she can play it. (There will be, of course, ukuleles and smaller guitars along the way.) Not a Guild, but here's Rayna's guitar (that's my story and I'm sticking too it!)

geoguy

Reaction score
I used to tease a former co-worker that her side business of buying/selling antique fabrics (and goods made from them) was completely ridiculous, because she & her friends were pretty much selling things back & forth among themselves.

Now I find myself doing the same, only with guitars . . .

Indeed, pretty funny that two of Joe's former guitars are going to be in the same household once again!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I wonder if there'll be massive tail wagging and a little pee on the rug when they see each other again?

:joyous: I actually considered taking a look at the GAD30 when I was in the NE last week for a meeting.. Geoguy and I were about an hour and a half apart and we could not make the short time frame work. It was meant to be as you ended up with her.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Indeed, pretty funny that two of Joe's former guitars are going to be in the same household once again!

And that has me wondering if we need to stipulate as a community that these two shall forever more travel together.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had the same experience recently with my F-47R and the Martin Tony Rice Monel Mediums.

They are the perfect match for that guitar. Way better than the Elixers I had on her, which were too bright when matched to the rosewood.

Time will tell how long they hold tone. The Elixers hold tone for a long, long time, and are a great match for mahogany and maple. And the Monels are a bit squeakier/noisier until you get used to them.

Neal

Noticed the squeaking - isn't bothering me.

On the DV-6 the Tony Rice's sounded too shrill with little harmonics/overtones. That's a lightly-built Rosewood dreadnought, nowhere near as heavily built as my F-47R or even the F130R, for that matter.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try the Tony Rice's on the F-47R next.

Last edited:

titanNV

Reaction score
My first post here. Wish I wasn't late to the party. Looking for a GAD 30 or F130 in this price range, but I missed it by a week! :( woe is me.... lol