"Guild G-1000--a 2-channel "acoustic" amp with a built-in seat cushion"

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The amps were made from 1993 to around 95-96. They are Solid State and were made for Guild by the Randall Amp Company. I have the G700 Sequoia model that is 2 channel 160 watts with 1/4" and XLR inputs and outputs. Mine is in the nice finger jointed wood cabinet. They are good sounding amps but sometimes you can get a little hiss out of the Chorus or reverb effects. The G1000 was meant for Coffee Houses and small acoustic venues so you could plug in your Guitar and 1 vocal without having a cumbersome pa to drag around. Pop a squat and play your gig. I have seen them in good working shape selling for between $400-$500. Granted if everything is in good condition and all of the bells and whistles are working with no problems the price is pretty good on this one. Bet you might be able to get it for $300.

guitarslinger

Reaction score
I played through one in the 90's. Great sound for the day. I thought the format was pretty cool, but, didn't keep it long. I wound up with one of the more conventionally formatted Sequoias. As I recall that black finish looked really great, but, was very delicate. I loved the inlaid G shield. I also never sang through mine. I can't sing and louder is not better when you can't carry a tune. I'd like to have one for a collection if that "someday" ever comes around. Like the man said, "rare".