Thought-provoking thought

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
This quote is attributed to Robert Plant:

"The fact that there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers".

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I don't get it.

Just in case you aren't kidding, If you are then disregard, I am still waking up.:single_eye:

Led Zeppelin-"Stairway to Heaven"
AC/DC-"Highway to Hell"

A play on hit song titles from the same era by the lead singer of Led Zeppelin referring to the observation that the "Highway to Hell" can accommodate greater numbers of people than the "Stairway to Heaven".:encouragement:

Thank You everyone, I'll be here All week!:triumphant:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
To add to what Tex wrote...it basically suggests that a lot more of us are going hell than going to heaven. Just incase that wasn't absolutely abundantly clear!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've seen this several times before but none of the previous citations credited Robert Plant. I should note one of those approaches is possibly paved with good intentions and that Jesus (Matthew 7:13-14) seems to be saying something similar, although that is a veer we should not follow on LTG :)

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning, frono, I will avoid my urge to post John Lennon's quote about Jesus.

Can't say for sure where the quote I posted is from - I saw it attributed to Plant, but he may be just repeating something he heard.

Opsimath, I hope I'm with you!

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I should note one of those approaches is possibly paved with good intentions and that Jesus (Matthew 7:13-14) seems to be saying something similar, although that is a veer we should not follow on LTG :)
Well, that's just not FAIR!! Moderators baiting us to veer and even showing us the way..... and then saying, "Don't!" My Sunday is shot to hell now........

LMAO!!! :devilish:

Reaction score
HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN, good song title. Better yet THE BELTWAY TO HEAVEN OR HELL; You pick your own exit.....:angel::fox:

papajim

1977 D-50nt
2000-2006 Garrison
1977 Aria Pro ll

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, that's just not FAIR!! Moderators baiting us to veer and even showing us the way..... and then saying, "Don't!" My Sunday is shot to hell now........

LMAO!!! :devilish:

I know I'm a little late for this Davisman but let me just add, HISS! SPIT! HISS! SPIT! LMAO! For everyone else, if you read the thread earlier in the week you will understand! :triumphant: