Oxnard made Guilds at Louder Than Life Festival?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
New Guilds

Did anyone else notice this sentence in today's Guild newsletter?
Don't miss your chance to get the full VIP treatment at this year's Louder Than Life festival in Louisville, Kentucky! Come hang with us and test out never-before-seen Guild prototypes, ...

We want to see!

Opsimath

Reaction score
I didn't see Guild listed anywhere as a partner. Maybe I missed it.

The food page sure looked good.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I thought I was subscribed to the Guild Newsletter, but haven't seen anything lately. Could someone please post the contact info to subsribe?
TIA,
Brad

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild sent out an invitation to the Louder Than Life Festival on October 3 and 4 in Louisville, KT.

The invitation text reads:
"Don't miss your chance to get the full VIP treatment at this year's Louder Than Life festival in Louisville, Kentucky! Come hang with us and test out never-before-seen Guild prototypes, rock out to Slash, ZZ Top, and Lynyrd Skynyrd, and munch on the ultimate gourmet festival grub."

"never-before-seen Guild prototypes" ? M-20 maybe? D-20 maybe? At least it smells like Ren finished the first guitars in Oxnard! Hope some LTG members can be there.

If one of you is there you can enter to win those VIP tickets from Guild here: guildguitars.com/community/louder-than-life-vip-tickets-giveaway/

Ralf

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Uups...Didn't see that other thread. I was just quickly searching for "Oxnard" and found nothing, hence I posted it.
Ralf

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I signed up what the heck never know . Sounds like a good time . Might be a 7 drive or so . I do wish I heard of it sooner always next year if it's a annual event .

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Winning is not my forte ' or how ever it's spelled lol but cheating ..... No I can't do that and sleep ... I so suck ... Phone would have to take pics but take as many as I could lol and play all I could to lol

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ray, it'd be awesome to be there for the first one (if they make it annual). You'll certainly be treated like a VIP and see things in the works.

Please keep us posted.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yes it would when get off work I'm yunna dig in on this and see what more I can find out . 😊

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild sent out an invitation to the Louder Than Life Festival on October 3 and 4 in Louisville, KT.

The invitation text reads:
"Don't miss your chance to get the full VIP treatment at this year's Louder Than Life festival in Louisville, Kentucky! Come hang with us and test out never-before-seen Guild prototypes, rock out to Slash, ZZ Top, and Lynyrd Skynyrd, and munch on the ultimate gourmet festival grub."

"never-before-seen Guild prototypes" ? M-20 maybe? D-20 maybe? At least it smells like Ren finished the first guitars in Oxnard! Hope some LTG members can be there.

If one of you is there you can enter to win those VIP tickets from Guild here: guildguitars.com/community/louder-than-life-vip-tickets-giveaway/

Ralf

I stopped into my trusty Local Guild shop yesterday to drop off the G-41 for the Bone Nut, Compensated Bone saddle, and bone pin conversion as well as a fresh setup. As always I got to talking Guilds with the guys at the shop. I also contacted Guild yesterday by phone and spoke with a representative that echoed the same things I heard at the shop from the guys about the Louder Than Life Festival. Apparently they are trying to get some D55's in the hands of some of the prominent Bluegrass players at the festival to "try" out. Also heard that they are trying to work the "Hide Glue" construction techniques of the Orpheum series into some of the Traditional line and still keep the cost low enough for everyone to be able to attain. Basically they are saying a hide glue D55 build? That info came from the Guild rep to the store by word of mouth.

When I spoke with Guild yesterday on the phone I was inquiring about Orpheum availability and if they had any new stock left. For everyone interested they have 2 Orpheum 12 Fret Slopes in the European market available. The Rep on the phone told me that they were trying to get a couple of different models out by December if they get the plant up and running. Apparently with the delays they are not just going to be putting out M20's and D20's to start off with. From what I gathered they were going to be making several models simultaneously including 12 strings and D55's. The Guild Rep asked me if I was interested in a New Orpheum to call back towards the end of the year and they should be closer to producing them again. If not the end of the year then very early 2016. Sounds like there is proof positive that the Orpheum's will be back and part of the regular Guild Product Line.:single_eye: Once again this is all hearsay so take it for what it is worth But the Rep on the phone referred to the Orpheum's as "Ren Ferguson's Babies".

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Also heard that they are trying to work the "Hide Glue" construction techniques of the Orpheum series into some of the Traditional line and still keep the cost low enough for everyone to be able to attain. Basically they are saying a hide glue D55 build? That info came from the Guild rep to the store by word of mouth.
The "traditionalist" in me loves hearing that.
As far as I know Guild in US was "all hide-glue, all the time", until New Hartford. I remember my surprise when it was disclosed in an LMG recap thread that NH had gone to Tite-bond because it set quicker.
Although it meant the neck-setters had to work a little quicker, it also loosens up more easily for resets.
Recently I began to wonder if that was the source of Charliea's problems with his NH 12-string's neck angle which was found to be going bad at only a couple of years old.
Nothing has the creep resistance of hide glue.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Apparently with the delays they are not just going to be putting out M20's and D20's to start off with. From what I gathered they were going to be making several models simultaneously including 12 strings and D55's. If not the end of the year then very early 2016.

This makes sense to me. Why not just start churning all models out they have planned from the start. And my $ is on early 2016. But for some of you, maybe a little holiday guild cheer afterall.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
This makes sense to me. Why not just start churning all models out they have planned from the start. And my $ is on early 2016. But for some of you, maybe a little holiday guild cheer afterall.

Hey Wood, I don't want people to take your edited Quote of me out of context. The statement of "If not the end of the year then very early 2016" was in reference to the Guild Orpheum Line Only. They fully expect to be in full swing with the other models in December of this year.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh boy sitting on the edge of my seat wondering what they gunna look like , sound like , feel like I'm tingly all over .

Can't remember models though if I'm right no f30 or 47's This go around ?