Grand Opening at New Hartford

Geotrio

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The grand reopening in New Hartford will be featured on NBC evening news with Lester Holt, Monday10/26 at 6:30. Probably a short segment towards the end of the newscast.

A year ago things were bleak, now both Guild and Ovation USA are back in business.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just read in the Ovation press release that "the factory has begun production on a limited run of 250 commemorative guitars celebrating Ovation Guitars’ 50th Anniversary in 2016. The series of black Custom Elite models adorned with gold leaf epaulets and gold purling will also feature custom markings unique to 50th Anniversary edition guitars."

And: "A number of signature models for Ovation artists are planned for production including REO Speedwagon lead singer, Kevin Cronin’s gloss-black Ovation Viper featuring an ebony fret board and tortoise shell-inspired, custom wood epaulets – as well as signature model guitars for guitarist/composer Kaki King and GRAMMY® and Academy Award®-winning, singer/songwriter Melissa Etheridge."

And: "With the reopening of its USA factory, Ovation plans a rollout of new guitar models that will retain many of the brand’s classic features including; the brand’s distinctive parabolic shape, Sitka spruce soundboards, and innovative onboard electronics. The new models will also feature exotic wood and mother of pearl inlays, as well as Ovation’s emblematic inlaid wood epaulets and multiple sound holes that increase the instrument’s volume and reduce feedback during amplification."

Ralf

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thought I was opening a thread from 2008, but very glad I'm not.

Happy times for Ovation fans.