I just gots to know...

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
At the risk of my (nonexistent) reputation I'll give y'all another shot at this. After I posted this pic in a recent thread I umm, noticed something. So I'm wondering if nobody noticed or if anyone did notice and was just being too nice to say anything? This is my 1978 G-312. Have another look:

See it now?

' Strang

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Bingo!! Good eye!

I'm not sure if I've ever had it off or not in the 20 odd years I've had it. Now, would that be more to my defense or condemnation?

Rest assured it's on the right way now!

' Strang

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
"Admitting a problem is the first step towards recovery..." - page 3, TRC Rehab Policy Manual

walrus

Br1ck

Reaction score
Well, the first step is admitting you had a problem. The second step is the confessional, the third repentance. Now you can bask in our everlasting forgiveness.

Live long and prosper.

AZLiberty

Reaction score
I'm a little more concerned that the two truss rods appear to be adjusted to different points, which can put a twist in the neck. (of course the beauty of the 2-rod design is that it can also be used to remove a twist in the neck)

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, I just don't want to mess with it since it has been stable for many years. It has also been a hair away from needing a neckset all this time.

A long time ago there was a delamination of the back of the neck about 2 inches long, opposite frets 2-4 or so. A similar problem to those railroad track truss rod cavity cracks you sometimes see on Guild 12ers. Maybe somebody's prior maladjustment contributed to this. The repair has been stable so all the more reason not to mess with it now.