NGD coming " the fear of the used "

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Stamp ! hahaha

ok so wife let me spend my bonus check . Yaaaaay !

I'm not over convinced of the guild sound it seems hit and miss but there is a underlying tone that transcends the models though many will disagree but its what I hear I can't help that . My visit to Neals proved that with the models he had , now don't get me wrong like in all things guitars some sing to you some don't some all sound the same or close to but hey there massed produced there is no one tap tone testing the woods to make sure there all gunna sing .

They buy a ton wood that is good and hit the start button, just the way of it unless your going custom hand made builds . So I've been on the fence about getting another guild . I do love my twelve string and it has very good sustain and very balanced overtones .

So if I bought another guild I want it to be the same if not better but I did not want a dread as my Triple O thread pretty much laid out . I kept looking at the F47r man really temping but having played one I could say was bad or great it was in-between so need to figure what sound I needed and how to make it work with my Blueridge

So what really stopped me was the money , 1) I did not have it . 2) I just relieved us of a lot of debt and really did not want to get back into it .

That's where the project guitar came in , I could get a guild and get my wood working grove on and be able to post some more tunes for your listening torture/pleasure with out feeling bad its a blueridge hahahaha.

So my target guitar was at first Chrisjo D46 but after wondering about to many things we decided to not go through with it but then yesterday I thought heck with it it is an interesting model and I've lost worst money then that if all went south . I contacted Chrisjo but happy to report he has sold the guitar locally so I waited to long but this is not a bad thing and I have to say Chrisjo was very nice to speak with via email :)

yeah I lost out I'm little bummed but that just brought me back the Reverb again and again and again and again all in one day , gotta love smart phones .. hey never know I could missed something .

So I even tried craigs list nation wide only one stood out but something just seemed off in a way but that could have been me again ! so back to Reverb and F30's and f47r's and whats that !? and the A models and Arcos and so on but hard to get close the F30 and F47

I still have to remember I'm still on a project guitar budget so blinders on until I seen that DV52 ....hit the button ! the shinny red button ! the wife will understand ! No ! now is not the time . Let it go Ray .. so I did .

So back in budget mode and me always liking the dog thats the ugliest I just like some things that others don't really want that I find I have to have . weird huh ?

So there it is after the next page turn , sure I seen them before yes I read the horror stories but some say the sound very good so after a little talk with the seller I said ok and bought it !

Yaaaaaaaaaay ! I have very not bad looking basket case Guild American made OM style guitar coming and since I can not return it it better be as good as I'm hoping and I don't have to work on it ....... Yet !

Last edited:

Neal

Reaction score
Are you going to keep us in suspense, or are you going to tell us what it is?

My bet is the A-25 that disappeared from eBay and reappeared on Reverb for $299.

Anyhoo, congratulations!

Neal

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the A25 Ray! Sound clips and pics or it didn't happen! LOL :eek:nthego:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
No lol we agreed No A models ! and very impressive Al ! No it's not sounds clips but you know will be some If it's worthy I just might record my new tune with it . We'll have to see what the Mics say . A models ? Really after all that ! Lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ah suspense ! Some should figure it out by the above hints lol

Good news it's on the way ;)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
From the clues it sounds like a factory second with the "USED" stamp, At least from the opening line of the original post. If it is not a Factory second then disregard the following, If it is a factory Second then I will say this Ray, If you are not "convinced" of the Guild Sound I don't think it is fair to base your future assessments on a Factory second guitar. For one reason or another Guild felt that the guitar wasn't up to their standards to carry the Guild Brand Name in the retail world, otherwise it wouldn't have been marked "USED". Some of them sound great and were just extra stock when certain factories shut down but some are also Stamped "USED" for a reason. Here is to hoping you get one of the good ones!

Oh yea I almost forgot, Sound Clips and Pics or it Didn't happen!:eek:nthego:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
D30man , last paragraph in title thread states a basket case American built OM Guild .

Remember I mentioned me wanting a project guitar ( and I believe my purchase is devoid of any needed work at least for the short term )which offered me my best chances of getting another guitar and I fully wanted it to be a guild .

Tx , yes I have some feelings about the guild tone from model to model of the ones I played which mirror any online samples I heard . I also say Guilds tone is very consistent across the same models or it's what I meant lol

I also said I love my F212xlce

I'm just trying to understand my way around it and by no means am I saying its bad !

So let's recap
1) yes it's a guild
2) it's a OM
3) it has a bad history
4) it carries the "used" stamp ( in this case I know what I'm buying and I'm fully prepared to except any all issues if any that develop ) ;)

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Is it an American Made Guild or a Chinese made Guild? I almost forgot Ray! Sound Clips and Pics or it Didn't happen!:eek:nthego:

Ok, I got it out of my system, LOL.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Is it an American Made Guild or a Chinese made Guild? I almost forgot Ray! Sound Clips and Pics or it Didn't happen!:eek:nthego:

Ok, I got it out of my system, LOL.

OMG Tx .... Hahahahaha .... Last paragraph dude !

It's times like this that makes me wonder about you folks or you just messing with me lol

Tx if all poeple I can't believe you can't figure what guitar it is . :)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
OMG Tx .... Hahahahaha .... Last paragraph dude !

It's times like this that makes me wonder about you folks or you just messing with me lol

Tx if all poeple I can't believe you can't figure what guitar it is . :)

OMG Dude! I'm pulling a RayK and not reading the original post. That way I can just scan and Comment blindly on things that have already been addressed like they haven't! Playing by your rules now man!

By the way, we are still waiting on pics and sound clips for actual proof! Chop Chop!:single_eye: