Repairs and Restorations

Reaction score
This is for my husband Chris Seeger, he was at the Fender/Guild Customer Service division in New Hartford, CT (Ovation, Guild, Hamer building) until it unfortunately shut down that portion last year in May 2014. Just wanna let some of you Musicians know that may have formerly had work done by him or not, but looking to still receive his skills in this industry... We are still in Connecticut and located in Bloomfield. Chris has his own shop set up in our house now and he is Guild Authorized by Cordoba Music Group but any other brands that need non-warranty work or for restorations his shop door is open and ready for your business. You may reach Chris through email at : 1978cjseeger@gmail.com
Thank you for allowing me to post and good day too all.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Greetings! PLease send our best to Chris. I think I met him at one or more of our LetsMeetGuild events. I am glad that he is working with Cordoba going forward!

Reaction score
Thanks chazmo :) He says most likely as he's met lots of faces along the way. Just so proud of his talent that it's reaching people nationwide and business is beginning to pour in. We hated it like so many others that the guitar shop closed, but... In the end it's brought some better avenues, not just for us but a few others. I'm hoping a lot of other folks continue to see this post. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I remember meeting Chris on a couple of occasions at the LMG events, and am glad to hear that you both landed on your feet after the abrupt closing. My luthier doesn't like to do big jobs like neck resets, and it's nice to know there's somebody good one day's transit time away. Happy Thanksgiving!

Reaction score
Thanks everyone ������‼️ Chris is getting the emails that any of you are sending and is happy you are sending him work or just asking questions for help... Keep sending. Happy Black Friday (this is the most insane day of the year, and I'm a woman and wouldn't dare go out in the madness) not like we don't have enough already, so it's more positive to hear about my husbands work and watch him build.. Plus see and hear of others great news.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of our members had previously notified us that Chris is also doing repair work for the Southington Guitar Center, great to know how he can be reached directly!
Ralf

Reaction score
Of course you can connect with him directly... Yes Chris Had worked for awhile at GC in Southington, but resigned due to having a total hip replacement and just simply wanting to do his own business. Prior he and I began working on building up our in home shop little by little and now some of the clientele he built up even there, comes to him at our house due to his quality of work. Is it an issue with this member or you sir that Chris went to work at GC? He was working there, plus a full time job during the day and side work as well from Córdoba to make ends meet for his family, and a hard worker, go getter he is! So here's his direct email to reach him "Ralf" and I hope that if you need something or any further questions answered he'd be glad to assist you :) Sorry that I, his wife is talking for him on this forum, he does get the info sent to his phone when people view or needing something. He's not computer Savy lol that's my job... He's the Guitar guy :) best of luck and I'll personally tell him and here's his email: 1978cjseeger@gmail.com
Regards,
Dawn Seeger

griehund

Reaction score
Thanks everyone ������‼️ Chris is getting the emails that any of you are sending and is happy you are sending him work or just asking questions for help... Keep sending. Happy Black Friday (this is the most insane day of the year, and I'm a woman and wouldn't dare go out in the madness) not like we don't have enough already, so it's more positive to hear about my husbands work and watch him build.. Plus see and hear of others great news.

I copied and pasted your post on FaceBook and someone there sent an email. The Guild players' group page may be worth joining. Best of luck.

Reaction score
Thanks Griehund! I'll check it out. And thanks for passing Chris's info along. I been meaning to make him a Facebook page just for the guitar business but gathering pics of former restorations/restorations to post on website is what's slowing me up for him.
Regards,
Dawn Seeger

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
If Chris is the one that set up my replacement D-55, then everybody...QUICK...send your guitars to Chris!

(Or perhaps...he is the one who cut my old honey in half? LOL)

Last edited:

wileypickett

Reaction score
If I recall correctly it was Chris who repaired my Brazilian rosewood-backed D50. He reglued the heel block (which entailed removing the neck) and replaced the bridge, which was cracked. Beautiful job -- this is one of my most frequently played guitars and was my "A" guitar until the arrival of the DV72. Glad to hear he's around and doing work! For those of us in the New England area, how great is it to have someone who knows his way around Guilds?!

Glenn

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is it an issue with this member or you sir that Chris went to work at GC?
Not at all! I think the other member was happy to find a familiar name again and recommended if somebody has repair work to be done to go to Chris! Now we have your update and know he has his own business in the meantime! Even better!
Ralf

Reaction score
Chris has been smiling ear to ear since posting for him!!! Thanks to those of you emailing him and sending questions with possible, or definite work his way... I'm new at this Guitar Lingo Gents and Ladies, I'm the singer of the house and computer/business lady, no clue until recently what a tail peice is/was LOL What can I say, I'm from the South, not blonde, lol but I catch up rather quickly. So as the wife of a Luthier/Repair Tech/Restorer, please overlook if I seem an oddball ;)
But as I previously stated, if you want direct contact with him, email him or even me and I'll give his number to you if you prefer directly speaking with him. 1978cjseeger@gmail.com or dawnseeger7@gmail.com ( yes he did cut the Guitar in half lol Nice Christmas idea) he remembers the work. Feel free if there's also people that aren't members on here that would like to ask questions or need an instrument worked on, please do pass his name on) Nice Night all :)

geoguy

Reaction score
Thread bump & a positive recommendation re: Chris' work . . .

He just did some maintenance/repair work on four of my older Guilds, & I'm very pleased with the quality of his work, the quick turnaround, & the reasonable cost.

The work he performed was a real mixed bag: re-fretting two guitars, leveling a hump on a fretboard prior to refretting, re-attaching a lifting bridge, leveling & crowning frets on the guitar that wasn't being re-fretted, & fixing a stripped pickup mounting-screw hole. He also cut & installed a missing Chesterfield logo on a headstock where a prior owner had previously substituted a crude cutout from a tortoise pickguard, for the missing tall portion of the Chesterfield!

And he did a real nice job setting up the guitars after all of the above-noted work.

Two thumbs up from me . . . thanks, Chris! :applouse:

Last edited:
Reaction score
@ geoguy, Thanks for the high recommendations, glad you were pleased with the work I performed on your Guitars. I had my wife finally show me how to work this thing, as is sometimes she will post for me LOL but know I receive all the info through my phone and many comments, questions, and work needed to be done by others. If anytime you ever need anything else, just give me a shout. We are moving into another location, just 12 minutes from where I am now. 4 Bedroom house, full basement and garage with lots of room for my work and customers to come hang out and chill a bit as well. I told the wife she is off limits, that entire area is mine lol. She can have the upstairs. Much luck to you in the future and enjoying playing on my friend. Thanks again for your business, and spreading the word. I tried to join the Facebook Guild Group as someone suggested but no response yet.... Regards, Chris

Reaction score
Bill, I finally had my wife show me how to use this crazy laptop of hers, and the funny thing is she didn't get the joke of the Guitar pic or why we sent it to you in half LOL I will teach her someday all the aspects of the Guitar biz, but for now she is my biz lady on the computers and drawing in more business for me. Great decorations by the way lol

geoguy

Reaction score
Nice to see you posting here, Chris. :cool:

If you're up for it, feel free to chime in when folks have questions regarding an instrument that might need repairs. Or maybe start a thread or two with pics documenting some of the repairs you perform. You know, showing the instrument before, during, & after repairs.

Folks here love pictures. And I'm sure that many of us could spend hours watching other people perform skillful work!