The Thunderbird is apparently resurrecting! Maybe they should call it the Phoenix.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
We gotta get one of these to Richard Thompson so he can play an electric version of 1952 Vincent Black Lightning with it. :devilish:

-Dave-

That's one of my Favorite Songs of all time. Loved it when Reckless Kelly covered it on their album in 2006. Gotta love Red Molly!

TX

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have a question about the Hagstrom tremolo. How well does it work compared with other, more common, systems. Is it smooth? Does it stay reasonably in tune?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the Hagstrom tremolo. How well does it work compared with other, more common, systems. Is it smooth? Does it stay reasonably in tune?

I have played one of the original Hagstrom Tremolo equipped guitars and it stayed in tune pretty well despite the old style hagstrom saddle Feet Bridge that was on it. The new one looks to have a tunomatic style bridge so I suppose it would work as well as any other guitar with that style bridge.

I have been crunching the numbers and it looks like with a little modification the TV Jones T-armond T-series mount pickups might fit in the Newark Street ThunderBird pickguard, Has my mind wandering places it shouldn't be going! LOL! :congratulatory:

Last edited:

matsickma

Reaction score
Well I couldn't resist the sunburst one on eBay and snagged it. I then was getting overwhelmed with gas and went back for a second look at the "Blackbird" and it was taken. At the $799 price point with free shipping they should sell well. First thing I'll do is add a Thunderbird TRC on top of the NS one!
M

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Well I couldn't resist the sunburst one on eBay and snagged it. I then was getting overwhelmed with gas and went back for a second look at the "Blackbird" and it was taken.

I think the eBay & Reverb listings were by the same seller for the same two guitars. It seems you got one and I got the other. :encouragement:

-Dave-

matsickma

Reaction score
Cool. I was shocked to see the black one listed and almost BIN on it. I then scrolled down further and saw the sunburst one and couldn't resist. So far every NS guitar I played had the feel of the original Guilds. Hope the Thunderbird is similar. The new bird will arrive next week just I get back into town.

M

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I like the playing feel of my NS Aristocrat. Comfy. I leave it out & about so I can grab it and noodle away while watching baseball on TV or play along with whatever music I may be listening to. Makes a nice, quiet acoustic guitar. If the Thunderbird's neck is in the same vein I'll be happy.

-Dave-

gilded

Reaction score
I have to admit I haven't gone through all 11 pages of this thread to see if the question on kick stands has been answered, but if you look at the pic of the sunburst S-200 T-bird on Reverb, you can see there is no kickstand on the back. Which is a good thing!!!