The Thunderbird is apparently resurrecting! Maybe they should call it the Phoenix.

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Do I get one now or wait to see if next year adds more colors?

Zelja

Reaction score
Do I get one now or wait to see if next year adds more colors?
This is a bit of a dilemma! I'd lke to see a few different colours. I like the black & I think the sunburst is real well done on the Thunderbird but I am trying to avoid bursts as somehow i have collected a few of those already...

Bursts_zpsiilzel9y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2nevets

Reaction score
this is a bit of a dilemma! I'd lke to see a few different colours. I like the black & i think the sunburst is real well done on the thunderbird but i am trying to avoid bursts as somehow i have collected a few of those already...

bursts_zpsiilzel9y.jpg
[/url][/img]
you still have room on that couch!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think the black looks nice, Would look even better with some white face TV Jones T-Armonds or White faced Duncan Custom Shop Dynasonics in place of the LB1's. Hmmmm?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
But, are they going to use the same LB-1s that they sell in the Guild Store? Which means that the bridge pup will only be 5.06k vs 7.20k in the neck. That works for a jazz box where you don't want too much bridge pup brightness; but in a rock machine, that's a problem. At least to my ears.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
But, are they going to use the same LB-1s that they sell in the Guild Store? Which means that the bridge pup will only be 5.06k vs 7.20k in the neck. That works for a jazz box where you don't want too much bridge pup brightness; but in a rock machine, that's a problem. At least to my ears.

I'm pretty sure they are going to use the same pickups with the output discrepancy. I kind of figured that into getting one of these. The build looks great but if I am going to get it where I want it tone and output wise there will definitely need to be a pickup change or at least a rewind. If I am going to go through the trouble of a rewind I might as well find a way to modify it and mount some Dearmond type pickups in it right? LOL! :adoration:

Zelja

Reaction score
But, are they going to use the same LB-1s that they sell in the Guild Store? Which means that the bridge pup will only be 5.06k vs 7.20k in the neck.

I'm pretty sure they are going to use the same pickups with the output discrepancy. I kind of figured that into getting one of these. The build looks great but if I am going to get it where I want it tone and output wise there will definitely need to be a pickup change or at least a rewind.

Yep, I'm figuring a rewind of at least the bridge pickup would be necessary for my purposes as well.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
Has anyone tried another neck pickup in the bridge position? That seems like it would be easiest. and we're only talking a couple of mm difference in pole spacing.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I hope a hard case becomes an option very soon. gig bags are no bueno for long term storage.

hagmeat

Reaction score
This is a bit of a dilemma! I'd lke to see a few different colours. I like the black & I think the sunburst is real well done on the Thunderbird but I am trying to avoid bursts as somehow i have collected a few of those already...

Bursts_zpsiilzel9y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Burst overdose ! Sensational !!

Zelja

Reaction score
^^^^
Every now & again we need to be reminded of just what a collection you have. Simply amazing! Including this one:

1965S200.jpg