Bee Gee's and two D55's

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I've never seen it - it's great! Definitely talented singers, awesome harmony together, doing that with no band, etc. And a great looking guitars! I wonder if this predates Barry's signature Guild?

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I've never seen it - it's great! Definitely talented singers, awesome harmony together, doing that with no band, etc. And a great looking guitars! I wonder if this predates Barry's signature Guild?

walrus
Label at intro seems to indicate 1981, so I'd say yes by at least bout 11 years.
(His signature Guild was an S4ce which doesn't appear in s/n records 'til '92, but I don't think the "BG" version came out 'til '94)

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cool interview!
No, I can't remember that we ever saw it here.

gallery_music_robin_gibb_career_gallery_6.jpg

But they had other Guilds as well over time like the right one here (X-350 I'd guess):

classictracks1beegees.l.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome Interview, That was a great find! If you ever get a chance to watch the BeeGees performances on the Burt Sugerman's Midnight Special DVD's, Barry Gibb is playing the same Hollow body Guild he is holding in the photo that Ralf Posted. I think he uses it for two performances. Pretty cool to go back and watch the DVD's and stuff like this interview posted here to listen to how the Guilds sounded back in the day in person. Love it!

CA-35

Reaction score
You could post it a thousand times and never be redundant! Absolutely outstanding Ronnie.... great post.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I had no idea they were originally from Manchester.

Very smart and insightful interview!

Donal

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed watching. One of my favorite groups of all time.