Guild sighting on "Friends" re-runs

DougH

Reaction score
Not that I watch a lot of TV, but just noticed the character Phoebe plays a Guild....who knew?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Not that I watch a lot of TV, but just noticed the character Phoebe plays a Guild....who knew?
You mean the one she borrowed from Chrissie Hynde to teach her "Smelly Cat"?:

(think it's an F30)

Last edited:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The one that Phoebe played was a D-4. Christie Hynde played an F-20 on a different episode.

DougH

Reaction score
The episode I caught was with Chris Issacs.. Tommy Smothers model?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The episode I caught was with Chris Issacs.. Tommy Smothers model?

There was a Chris Isaak episode?!?!?
Dang! (big Chris fan)
BTW< we usually think of the D55 as the "Tommy Smothers model", easily recognized by the G-shield on the "wide" headstock.
Tommy is acknowledged as being the "father" of the D55 because in '64 he started special-ordering D50's with the high-grade neck bling of F50's, and Guild later gave the configuration its own model number. It's the model he used on the Smothers Brothers TV show.
But I recall seeing a link to an early '60's M20 offered on eBAy a few years back, that was purported to have belonged to Tommy during that era.
Provenance was non-existent though, so I always filed it away under "I wonder if he really did play an M20 and that's what started him on Guilds?"
Anyway, just sharing info in case you like that kind of stuff and didn't already know.

idealassets

Reaction score
Wow Chrissie Hind can "just strum" on the guitar. OK, let me take a pause while I wipe the tears away from that song. OK all better now...