1986 Bluesbird I just got

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
From eBay? I think I made an offer on that one. :)

I think they're cool.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Neato! My friend Leslie had one like this in the early '90s. Pretty sure it was the first Guild electric I spent serious time with, and probably had a lot to do with me getting my Nightbird a few years later.

-Dave-

GuildGirl

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well guys, it arrived and its got some issues. these guitars were made during the 1980's when the company was building other electrics to appeal to metal and hard rock players.
models like the Aviator, Dominator, Liberator etc...This is a Bluesbird Reintroduction model, Brian Setzer designed.

this one features two factory options: pickup option: 2 single coils/1 humbucker: all EMG. and a Kahler tremolo. this according to the 1986 pricelist: http://westerlyguildguitars.com/files/86PL2.jpg

this guitar is missing the trem arm, a fine tuner and the stringlock. I've ordered parts from the Kahler USA parts support co: www.wammiworld.com

it also needs a truss rod cover and a rear trem cavity cover. these are hard to find parts for Guild specific, but it looks like Carvin guitars share very similar parts: http://www.kieselguitars.com/products/BP2

so I may go with those. its a project!!! it has no damage except a minor headstock scratch. came in the OHSC too, tape and gouges all!!! LOL.

I'll post pics when I get them.

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations GuildGirl! Sweet inlays! :glee:

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Check with Hans for parts.

They're fun guitars.

They're also long scale unlike the other bluesbirds, for those that don't know,