NGD! GV-52 Incoming!

ClaytonS15

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm now the proud new owner of a 1994 GV-52 from EBay! It will join my small Guild collection and I'm really excited to get my hands on it. I'll be sure to post some pics and a review once it's here. Now for the waiting game... Here's a link to the eBay auction if anyone wants to check it out. Seems it's missing the truss rod cover. Does anyone know where I could buy a correct replacement?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Guild-GV52-NT...%3A69a3ba051550a6a4b2a28d2dfffe70e5%7Ciid%3A1

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Holy CRAP, Clayton!! That's a beauty!! You gotta killer deal!! Congratulations!! The truss rod cover is easy. Someone will be along soon with that information, don't worry. :encouragement:

ClaytonS15

Reaction score
Guild Total
I was prepared to spend more- I thought it would get bid up further for sure. Now I just hope it gets here in one piece and does not have any serious issues. I will get in touch with Hans for the trc -thanks for the link. Thanks everybody! I wouldn't have known to even look for this model without this forum.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
As for the TRC. I've seen them on ebay and there's a seller making them on Amazon (see below).

https://www.amazon.com/Truss-Cover-...6455166&sr=8-1&keywords=guild+truss+rod+cover

Hello folks,

Would rather not use my postings to promote parts that I have for sale, but in this case I feel that Guild owners should not buy non-original parts when original ones are available at the same price; actually, a little less than the Amazon price!

http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/parts_detail.php?id=88

Special price for LTG-members: $ 15.00 including postage.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

ClaytonS15

Reaction score
Guild Total
I just received the guitar this evening and I'm very impressed with it. All I've done so far is change the strings and tighten the truss rod a 1/4 turn to straighten the neck a bit. It plays great- I really love the neck on this one. The sound is unlike any guitar I've owned: very warm with great bass. It initially seemed to be lacking in highs to me until I tried playing closer to the bridge than I normally would. Now I'm really loving it. It sounds great picked lightly or played with a pick. It balances great on a strap too. If anything I might need to raise the action a bit on the high e side.

I will post pics when I can take them with good lighting. It's in very good condition with only a few little dings on the top and light fret wear. Very cool!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats Clayton! Those are wonderful Guitars and really glad to hear you like yours. Play it in good health!

TX

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clay, I don't know if this guitar has any climate issues to adjust to, but before you make too many adjustments/changes you might wait a week or so to let it settle in to your home environment. Then you should set it up.

Lack of sparkle on the treble could be that your saddle isn't firmly placed in the slot... perhaps it got jogged when you did your change?

Anyway, best of luck with the new GV!

ClaytonS15

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks Chazmo, will do. I'm just going to play to death now! I seems to have loosened up its tone a bit already. Seems to sound even better this morning.