OMG! Happy Dance !! Orpheum RW 12 String !

wrblr

Reaction score
I'm still in shock. Can hardly believe I actually found a new Orpheum 12 fret 12 string RW Natural. in Germany no less! Delivery and the NGD will take about 10 days (sigh), and I already feel like I can't sit still for the excitement. I may be a nervous wreck in another week. But, oh WOW !

Thanks TX and Ralf, for those great pictures, reviews and research info. Without that I wouldn't have known about this model from Guild and instead, I'd still be grimacing over those new Taylor models, wishing they came in Rosewood and had a Guild's soul.

Now I've just got to remind myself to take slow, deep breaths.

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats Bill! As much as I know you love the F512 you recently picked up I feel you will love the Orpheum the same but for different reasons. The Orpheum 12 string is extremely responsive and has a tone that is 3 times the size of the guitar. It takes very little effort to get it pumping out tremendous volume and depth. Honestly I don't ever see Guild making the 12 String 000 12 fret slot head Orpheums ever again. They were not listed in Cordoba's new digital catalog for American Made Guilds at all, Just the 6 string Orpheum models. I imagine they were too time consuming, tedious, and expensive to build when it came to the bottom line to be profitable. That is probably why there were only 10 of the 12 string Orpheum models ever made all together including both Rosewood and Mahogany. Congratulations on an Amazing instrument and one of the Rarest Guilds ever made! My fingers are crossed for a safe trip across the pond for your new baby. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

TX

Here is a Video for you Bill. They start discussing the Orpheum 12 fret 12 string Rosewood model at the 3:57 mark and the reporter starts to play it at the 4:35 mark. Just a teaser to help get you by for the next 10 days or so.:semi-twins:

Last edited:

wrblr

Reaction score
Yes, thanks TX. I hadn't seen that video and I agree it does sound great. Just checked my calendar....heck, still 10 days.

I went back to the Thomann website and it looks like they have one Orpheum 12 fret 12 string still available in Mahogany Sunburst.... converted USD price says $ 2,797.61 and shipping is approximately $ 35.00. The page says it's been available since April 2015, so I believe it is new. Here's a link for anyone interested:

http://www.thomann.de/intl/guild_orpheum_slotted_12_om_m_sb.htm?ref=search_rslt_guild_332902_5

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That's a crazy USD price if that's new. I paid a bit more for mine, in the US, and that was arguably a fire sale price. Gosh, I hope someone grabs it.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That exchange rate is really helping out with that price!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ooo it did sound good , very good ;)

merlin6666

Reaction score
That's a crazy USD price if that's new. I paid a bit more for mine, in the US, and that was arguably a fire sale price. Gosh, I hope someone grabs it.

I would if I wasn't going through nasty divorce and worried about losing my home, but maybe I should grab it just because ... it's certainly one I really want.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I would if I wasn't going through nasty divorce and worried about losing my home, but maybe I should grab it just because ... it's certainly one I really want.

Oh boy Merlin I so sorry for you as I am in the same boat . What's with this summer !?

My wife was the bread winner if that tells ya anything . I have my 9yr old son but it won't be an easy Rd financially . :( prayers to you sir

geoguy

Reaction score
@ merlin6666 & Rayk - Good luck to both of you guys.

Maybe music will give you a little comfort during stressful times.

@ wrblr: congrats, that appears to be a great sounding & rare guitar . . . enjoy.

Last edited:

DaveinRI

Reaction score
Yeah, Merlin and Rayk, best of luck to both of you. I have been there, done that, got the tee shirt, and gave her half of it. May music get you through.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Merlin and Rayk, best of luck to both of you. I have been there, done that, got the tee shirt, and gave her half of it. May music get you through.

Much appreciated folks , this is/was my first marriage 13 yrs gone but one great boy .

Have no idea what happened but if she felt I was not man enough then she's finding out what lay beneith now and it ain't pretty .

My music has suffered over the last few yrs most likely a sign of things to come so once this is over and I'm stable my hopes the music will come back to me . I always picking though just mostly jiberish

Ok enough of this sad stuff and very sorry for the veering :(

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bill: Congrats on your new 12 string Orpheum! Hope you like her!
The other Sunburst Mahogany one seems to be sold, so maybe merlin6666 got her ??? That was my dream model and Thoman had written to me when they got her, but at that time I already had bought the NAMM "prototype" from Thomann and didn't want to exchange it...And I really didn't need two...Good luck to whoever got the sunburst mahogany one!
Ralf

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hey, wrblr, be sure to take a label picture when you get your Orpheum 12. So far every one of the rosewood 12s we've seen have had different model names! :) Unfortunately, I think the pictures of those labels have been lost, but it's still interesting. :)

If I'm not mistaken it's just you, Ralf, and I who have these rosewood 12s on LTG. Can't remember if someone else had gotten one or not.

Best wishes!

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow, congratulations! (And sorry, merlin666).

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken it's just you, Ralf, and I who have these rosewood 12s on LTG. Can't remember if someone else had gotten one or not.

I have one as well Chazmo but mine is the only Burst Rosewood model they made. I picked mine up back in January from a shop in Salt Lake City. I think there was also a member here from Europe that bought a natural rosewood model about a year ago. I can't remember their screen name but I believe it had "Happy" in it and the posted a thread about it here on the forum somewhere. My understanding from Ralf's records is out of the ten total that were made only two had Burst finishes, One Rosewood and One Mahogany model. So whoever got the burst Hog model from Thomann essentially got a One of a Kind! I really hope it was someone here as they are awesome guitars!

TX

UPDATE: I found the other members post on their NGD Orpheum 12 string RW model. It was Happy Tree. Here is the link. That makes 5 RW models here at LTG that we know of. Also I believe Lady Texan has a Hog version if I am not mistaken.

http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showth...rpheum-12-12-SHRW-NAT&highlight=Happy+Orpheum

Last edited: