NGD: Nightbird

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
See this thread for history: http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showth...htbird-1995-obo-on-Reverb&highlight=nightbird

In short, Hans was right and this guitar is NOT cherry sunburst, nor does it look like the pics. Additionally, one of the inlays looks like it was installed by a three-year-old and I Can feel it when I play. Not cool for a guitar like this.

We'll see what the seller says, but I would not have paid what I did given the truth.

Now, to be fair, it is a Nightbird, and it plays great though I'm not a big fan of EMGs. If the seller offers a partial refund I may see about putting some HB1s in it, but otherwise I'll probably return it. After I take pics, of course. :)

DThomasC

Reaction score
Interesting. The fingerboard inlays on my Nightbird are very poorly done as well. I don't notice them when playing, but you don't need to look very closely to see the huge glue-filled gaps all around most of them. Surprising, considering it's supposed flagship status.

Mine does have a "Z" on the back of the headstock indicating it's a second.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is a difficult guitar to photograph. Canon cameras tend to over-accentuate reds, and the flash seems to really accentuate the grain. The guitar is simply not this stunning in person under normal light. In fact, I might go so far as to say it looks pretty bland compared with the pics. I need to get it out in the sunlight to see if I can get a natural light pic that really conveys how it looks in real life.

Pic:

AmberNightbird11.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting. The fingerboard inlays on my Nightbird are very poorly done as well. I don't notice them when playing, but you don't need to look very closely to see the huge glue-filled gaps all around most of them. Surprising, considering it's supposed flagship status.

Mine does have a "Z" on the back of the headstock indicating it's a second.

Really! I've owned a few Nightbirds and I've never seen any issues like that before. Hell, the NS guitars have better inlay edges than this thing does, but only on a couple of frets.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's a pic of it in the grass with an overcast sky at dusk. This is probably the most accurate picture of the top compared to how it looks in normal light.

AmberBurstNightbirdGrass.jpg

Contrast that with the pic from the original ad:

gk9ckwp63mlopk56qawj.jpg

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Isn't all this Nightbird talk distracting you from your Bluesbird review?

Lol!