There is a B-Stock Sunbrust NS Bluesbird on eBay.

dbirchett

Reaction score
s-l400.jpg

Looks nice but there was nothing wrong with the "Ice Tea Burst." Looks like the only flaw was a problem with the neck binding.

How do you all like it in antique sunburst?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guild-Bluesbird-ATB-Antique-Tobacco-Burst-Electric-Guitar-w-Bag-Blem-B294/201657759156?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38846%26meid%3D1e932a48c2c1428e90ba001e21a0750e%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D182243896360

matsickma

Reaction score
I like the look of the "ice tea" burst over the particular sunburst of the new Bluesbird.
As a reference did anyone compare the tone and feel of the new Bluesbird verses the 90's -2000's Bluesbird model? I would think they have a similar tone.

M

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the "ice tea" burst over the particular sunburst of the new Bluesbird.
As a reference did anyone compare the tone and feel of the new Bluesbird verses the 90's -2000's Bluesbird model? I would think they have a similar tone.

M

GAD Just did a whole review of one as well as other Guilds. Here is the forum thread with his review link in the first post.

http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?190158-My-NS-Bluesbird-Review

Hope this helps!

TX

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I would make an offer, if I didn't have will power. GAD's review dented my will somewhat, but I am holding fast !

Reaction score
I made an offer on it and it arrives Wednesday. I purchased it mostly due to the information I found on this site including GAD's review. I offered $100 less than their price and 20 minutes later they had accepted. I didn't really expect them to accept, as the price was already low, I had expected them to counter. I should have offered less but I won't complain.

I saw the pics of the flaw in the binding and it didn't look very noticeable to my eyes. I know when people buy a new guitar they want it to be perfect, but I think I got it for the price of a used one. Anyway, it's supposed to arrive Wednesday, so we'll see.

Reaction score
How did the new guitar turn out?

Tom, I'll let you know when it arrives. I'm excited. I'm thinking of pulling the pickups in favor of new HB1's. I figure for the price I could sell them for, it would come out roughly even. For me, it's a no brainer. I would rather not have that high gain bridge pickup.

My amps are an old vibro champ, a 5e3, a Rickenbacker M8, and a couple of Marshall flavored LiteIIb amps I built. They would do better with the lower output pickups.

Dbirchett - thank you!

Reaction score
So I received the guitar a day early. My guess is they are going to list another of these because mine had no binding issues. I did find a blemish of about 1/64" in the lower horn (underneath) that appears to be in the stain. The poly is over it so this is both good and bad. However it is really inconsequential and you would have to seriously search for it to find it.

So for under $700 I have a beautiful new Bluesbird. It really is stunning. I played it for a short while and I love the playability. The neck is similar to my 92 LP Studio, but ever so slightly thinner. It is MUCH lighter than that guitar though. The strings on it are dead, but that's to be expected. As discussed before, the body wood is in question but the grain really looks like my other mahogany guitars.

It will be a couple of days before I can spend real time with it but I really love what I've seen and heard so far.

Tom West

Reaction score
Great Sandspur. The bluesbird will be my next guitar. Just torn between iced tea and antique sunburst.

Reaction score
Tom,

It plays great. I've swapped out pickups for HB1s and while I was at it swapped out the electronics. I feel that the electronics are the weak point of the guitar. Small tuner buttons don't bother me, although I would prefer larger ones.

Reaction score
Tom,
I just rewired it using better pots I have already (CTS). The pots that are in this guitar aren't bad but they aren't great either. I wanted to put something in there I didn't have to touch later.