New M-20 Owner

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. Am new on the forums. Just bought a USA M-20 today - my first guild! Am super happy with my buy even though it was a lot of coin. Tested it again some custom 00 and 0-15m martins but there was no competition. Beautiful guitar!

midnightright

Reaction score
Way to go! It's great that you got to play it head to head with some of the popular competitors available... I like how it is constructed with a dovetail neck joint, too-

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Will post pictures tonight as I'm currently out in Disneyland now! Had to hunt for the guitar in LA and found it at Ted's LA guitar sales store. tried the martins against the M-20 but they didn't have the same character or tone. The Martins were softer and to me had less of a wow factor. Am currently thinking of adding a pickup and any suggestions are welcome

Reaction score
Im new too and just got a m20 as well.. I love this little guitar. It sounds so powerful and sustains nicely. I do want to change the strings though. I like elixir nano webs. Ive been told they come from the factory with 12s

Keung

Reaction score
My 2nd Guild is coming too! The new M-20E NAT will arrive home at the end of Oct. So so so excited......

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG, Newbie!! Congrats on your new Guild. I'm glad to hear your report on how it stacks up to the competition. Photos when you get back from Disneyland!! :encouragement:

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congrats to all the new M20 owners. I'm hoping to have the chance to try one someday soon.

Rev Roy

Reaction score
Sweet! Cool guitar...and Ted is a great guy to deal with. Looking forward to the pics...

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
K&K mini is a solid pickup, passive, and works well with several different pre-amps.

Keung

Reaction score
I got mine M-20E Last night. Love it very much.
need to clear up the pickup wire inside the sound board as it touch with the board and buzz with some note.

Reaction score
I think Ive decided to go with the LR Baggs M80 so I dont void my warranty....Love this little guitar!!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I think Ive decided to go with the LR Baggs M80 so I dont void my warranty....Love this little guitar!!
As a guy who considers a warranty to have significant value and one of the reasons for preferring to buy new, "I get that".
:friendly_wink:

jedzep

Reaction score
Holy crap! My new M20 sounds so much like my old Gibson L0 that I'm selling it right off because it's redundant in my collection as far as tone goes. So woody and percussive...a tribute to Guild builders. Out with the new, in with the old. Go figure.

See my M20 on FS/FT.