What is the value of a near perfect 2012ish T500 Blonde

rshinn32

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the opportunitiy to purchase a near perfect T500 (a few years old). This is one of 25 made. I've been unable to find any price/value information online. Wonder if anybody could tell me how much they were, originally, and what they might be worth today? Also, how good an investment it might be. I wouldn't be purchasing it for investment. I'd be purchasing it strictly to play. But, the quality of investment might sway me a bit.

Thanks very much.

Richard

guildman63

Reaction score
They will be hard to price due to their scarcity. I once owned 2/25 and sold it to help fund an American Patriarch X-500. I had it listed for a long time for $2500 and got no interest. I finally traded it in for about $2200 towards my AP X-500. It was in brand new condition at the time of the trade. I would love to get it back, but it's not in the cards any time soon.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, there goes our rep for being friendly and helpful. :boxing:

Welcome anyway, rshinn!

kakerlak

Reaction score
They will be hard to price due to their scarcity. I once owned 2/25 and sold it to help fund an American Patriarch X-500. I had it listed for a long time for $2500 and got no interest. I finally traded it in for about $2200 towards my AP X-500. It was in brand new condition at the time of the trade. I would love to get it back, but it's not in the cards any time soon.

I'm honestly surprised it didn't move at a $2,500 list.

rshinn32

Reaction score
Hmm... anybody have a rough idea what they might have cost new? Thanks much for the responses.

rshinn32

Reaction score
Oh, I get it now. You're saying you owned the #2 model of the 25 that were made. Ahh. Ok. wasn't clear that you were giving me a price point for an actual T500. Ok. cool. That's very helpful. Now, I at least have a "ballpark" figure.

rshinn32

Reaction score
Ahh. Ok. Didn't realize, until reading the above ebay link description that 'guildman63' was saying he had the #2 model of the 25 that were made. So, wow! quite a range. So, probably worth somewhere between $2500 and $4500. Anybody know what they cost new? Thanks much for all the input. Much appreciated. I really like this guitar. I'm thinking about buying it because my other guitar (1939 Gibson ES-150), though I actually think it sounds better, is less playable (I just realized that the frets are spaced closer together which makes chording more difficult up the neck) and this one came up through my guitar teacher. My dream would be a Gibson L5 CES but that's out of my price range for now. So, I'm thinking this one might be a good compromise if I can figure out what a "fair" price is. Thanks again.

guildman63

Reaction score
Having a ground wire installed is no big deal. The guy that maintains my guitars installed one on my T-500 while I waited for free.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Having a ground wire installed is no big deal. The guy that maintains my guitars installed one on my T-500 while I waited for free.

Guildman, Do you recall if your T500 was full scale or 24.75" scale?