TonewoodAmp - Holey Cow!

Smitch

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Ahh technology, get your ears around this! http://www.tonewoodamp.com/

As a big pedal guy, I dig signal processing. And even with acoustic only shows, I'll play through an acoustic amp with effects, but this is a whole new world. Purists may not like it, but always the ear of the beholder.

Check it out!

johnny3j

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very interesting! Kind of an electronic version of the Aspri.
Since it excites the back of the guitar does it boost the natural volume of the guitar a lot?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pretty neat concept but I'll bet that it wouldn't install or work properly on the back of an Arched back Guild. I'm still pretty sure that if you mount something that size on a flat spot on the back of an acoustic guitar that it would effect the natural vibration frequencies of the guitar.

TX

docfishr

Reaction score
While some may see this as augmenting the sound of an acoustic it seems to beg the question why play an acoustic when you want to hear electronic effects?

guildman63

Reaction score
While some may see this as augmenting the sound of an acoustic it seems to beg the question why play an acoustic when you want to hear electronic effects?

It's simply about the creative process. An acoustic or electric guitar is simply a tool which allows musical ideas to be communicated. The guitar was not originally created with effects in mind but was simply a means by which sound could be transmitted musically (depending on the player), and at progressively higher volumes as needed based upon the setting. Distortion was a naturally occurring phenomenon that was harnessed effectively to advance musical ideas. From there other effects were created for the same purpose. Regarding this Tonewood amp, it simply allows musical ideas to be advanced. I would argue that to expect a musical instrument to continue functioning exactly the way it was originally designed to function goes against the spirit of music and the creative process. That's just my opinion, of course. Way too deep for a Sunday night/Monday morning, so I'll stop before I get a headache.

This is an awesome product! I wonder if this idea could be adapted to orchestral instruments, such as the violin, cello, etc.