my new 1975 s-100

12manyaxes

Reaction score
hi all

just picked up a 1975 s-100 from the original owner ..or so he says. came with what looked like a period correct case ,but to me it looked like a bluesbird case. nice old 70s strap too. decent price.

I will try to bond with it this weekend . I don't think it should be too hard to do with this one

6747811eef.jpg

12manyaxes

Reaction score
I hate when it comes upside down. to me it makes it hard to enjoy the photo.. I am trying to get it right
676ef97438.jpg

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Guild S100! I can't see the photos you are posting as they are just showing up as photo icons. When I try to open them in a new window to see the photo it tells me "This site can't provide a secure connection as i.imgsafe.org is running an unsupported protocol". Hope to see some images soon! It may just be my computer but this is the first time I have ever seen that error. Best of luck.

TX

DThomasC

Reaction score
Sweet! I love the natural finish. And I like the early ones with the tailpiece farther back like yours. I can't imagine not bonding with that one.

Reaction score
My 1973 S-100SC is one of my best playing guitars. When I bring it to my friends studio everyone wants to play her, and their wish is fulfilled. Enjoy that one!
Thanks John

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TX, are you on a public internet connection? Pix are fine for me.

ManyAxes, that's a really clean, natural S-100. Some very nice-looking mahogany.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Looks darn near identical to my '73, minus some finish checking. :applause: Mine is a single-piece body, well balanced weight-wise, plays nice & easy. A fairly mellow guitar acoustically but a real live wire when plugged in. Enjoy yours!

-Dave-

12manyaxes

Reaction score
Looks darn near identical to my '73, minus some finish checking. :applause: Mine is a single-piece body, well balanced weight-wise, plays nice & easy. A fairly mellow guitar acoustically but a real live wire when plugged in. Enjoy yours!

-Dave-

thanks dave..
this one has its share of checking too, you just don't see it in the pics.. I don't think I have ever seen one of these with out checking on it

12manyaxes

Reaction score
well bonding is done, it didn't take much . this thing plays and sounds amazingly .. I will say at this point I favor bluesbirds of the same time period and only wish that I still had one ..

I think I will hunt down a black pick guard for it . the original is in nice condition so in the name of preservation I will hunt for a black one and put the original in storage

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Awesome. It can't be overstated what great guitars they are.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats on the very nice Nature Boy. I love my '73 for sure, and being vintage and all, it wouldn't seem right if there wasn't at least some finish checking.

12manyaxes

Reaction score
just ran the serial number and it turns out that the original owner who sold me the guitar was wrong about the year..
he said it is a 1975. according to the dating your guild chart it is a 1973.. I guess he either bought a guitar that was hanging around for 2 years , has poor memory or was using a little too much of the papania back in the day

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Yep, your S-100 has the tailpiece further back from the bridge than a '75 oughta, though there may be exceptions to this. Quite a few one-offs and oddities out there.

-Dave-

70's

Reaction score
Yes - good point on the bridge/tailpiece spacing, although it is hard to tell from the photos - but the bridge looks like it may be of the later variety, with the threaded cups....

12manyaxes

Reaction score
love this guitar but I prefer a mid seventies bluesbird if anyone is willing to swap let me know