The Beatles in 5 minutes. Al you got to see this.

AoxoA

Reaction score
Impressive. That guy also does Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

gilded

Reaction score
Thanks, so much, WW. I sent it to my drummer. I bet he's gonna dig it.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, so much, WW. I sent it to my drummer. I bet he's gonna dig it.

amazing the brain that guy Kye has. to know all songs of set and to change that quickly to correct beat as each song started/changed into next. just brilliance, sheer brilliance.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed, Wood. That is amazing.

I got a kick out of him just silencing the drums and Yesterday and Norweigian Wood. He just takes a look around.

I wonder where he recorded this.

Very cool.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That was fun! Wonder if anyone showed it to Ringo?

walrus

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Agreed, Wood. That is amazing.

I got a kick out of him just silencing the drums and Yesterday and Norweigian Wood. He just takes a look around.

Very cool.

in England. not sure the town, I remember seeing it.
oh Yesterday, I was cracking up too.

did Ringo play drums like that? if so, he is quite the under-appreciated drummer or I am just an idiot.

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
oh Yesterday, I was cracking up too.

did Ringo play drums like that? if so, he is quite the under-appreciated drummer or I am just an idiot.

Yes, and yes.

Zelja

Reaction score

It's actually Newcastle in Australia (just over a 100 miles north of Sydney).

Ringo was/is a great drummer. Apparently a Beatles recording session was never stopped due to a Ringo mistake & he was also supposed to have metronomic time keeping.

He's got a bad rap due to the oft repeated crack from Lennon ""He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles" & maybe even from the way his character was portrayed in The Beatles cartoons.

This is the work of a badass drummer:

That bass player is OK too...

Zelja

Reaction score
amazing the brain that guy Kye has. to know all songs of set and to change that quickly to correct beat as each song started/changed into next. just brilliance, sheer brilliance.

Agree!

He hasn't always quite got the swing of Ringo but to do these videos the way he does is uber amazing. Must take some work learning all those parts & seamlessly changing. Very, very impressive & a lot of fun for the viewer/listener.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
He's got a bad rap due to the oft repeated crack from Lennon ""He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles"

Note that while this quote is often attributed to Lennon no-one has ever succeeded in positively IDing when or where he said it. I suspect it's apocryphal.

-Dave-

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yes, and yes.
I assume you mean "yes" to the first 2 out of 3 elemenst there....
And let's not forget that until he received his superpowers in a mad scientist's secret experiment, he was just another drummer:
ringo-starr-help!-the-beatles-1965-bp82jd.jpg

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Excellent example, Zelja!

There would be no "Beatles" without Ringo's drumming... (thanks for the edit, Al!)

walrus

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
He's got a bad rap due to the oft repeated crack from Lennon ""He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles" & maybe even from the way his character was portrayed in The Beatles cartoons.
Note that while this quote is often attributed to Lennon no-one has ever succeeded in positively IDing when or where he said it. I suspect it's apocryphal.
-Dave-
I can't find any source either, but I just realized, this sounds like exactly the kind of wordplay John was fond of early on and might actually be a pun about Ringo not being Pete Best...

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
BTW, no, Lennon never said that.

A quote from Mark Lewisohn (Beatles biographer/expert) :

“The London Times newspaper quoted John Lennon ‘famously saying that Ringo wasn’t even the best drummer in the Beatles.’ John Lennon never said that, famously or otherwise, and that is the London Times quoting him,” Lewisohn said, making a point about his motivation for trying to separate fact from Fab Four mythology.

“For me, it’s [a case of tracking down] when did he say this? I’ve heard every John Lennon interview, I’ve read every John Lennon interview, I never saw that quote. So when did he say it, let alone when did he famously say it?” he said. “I determined to get to the bottom of it. And it’s actually a TV comedian’s joke from three years after John was killed, in 1983. So John Lennon never said it -- and wouldn’t have said it.”
The line often attributed to John Lennon - "Ringo isn't the best drummer in the world. He isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles" - was actually uttered by British comedian Jasper Carrott in 1983.

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
[/INDENT]
The line often attributed to John Lennon - "Ringo isn't the best drummer in the world. He isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles" - was actually uttered by British comedian Jasper Carrott in 1983.

walrus

I love seein' a good myth busted, sad as it is sometimes....

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's actually Newcastle in Australia (just over a 100 miles north of Sydney).

Ringo was/is a great drummer. Apparently a Beatles recording session was never stopped due to a Ringo mistake & he was also supposed to have metronomic time keeping.

This is the work of a badass drummer:

That bass player is OK too...

Thanks for that. I hear he hung around with Keith Moon as well, drinking buddies is my guess.

Zelja

Reaction score
Yeah, I should have said "alleged" crack as I knew there were some doubts about it's authenticity. Agree that The Beatles would have not been the same band without him. Apart from the musical lift he gave them with his drumming he also added a lot of character to the group with his personality. And he married Barbara Bach. Dude had it going on!!