JF55 serial number ?

Reaction score
I have a JF55 that I bought in 99 at the latest. I'm trying to figure out the year it was made and Guild's PDF online stops at 97 with the last digits in the serial numbers ending in 613. Mine ends in 893. In 1997 they built a 129 of the JF55's which was less than the previous years. I'm not sure if that trend continued or not in the following years. Any help is greatly appreciated.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I have a JF55 that I bought in 99 at the latest. I'm trying to figure out the year it was made and Guild's PDF online stops at 97 with the last digits in the serial numbers ending in 613. Mine ends in 893.
Hello djax504,

Welcome! Your JF55 was completed during the year 1999.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to LTG, djax504!

I'm sure your late-Westerly-period (1999) JF-55 is a gem. Would love to see some pictures of it.

As for the trend, I suspect it did continue. Just so you know, it was only a year or so after your guitar was finished when Fender shuttered the Westerly shop and started producing Guilds in Corona, CA. I'm not even sure if they built JF-55s in Corona, as I don't recall any of our members talking about owning one (don't trust my memory though!). I do know that when Fender acquired Tacoma, they started building Guilds and used the older model name (F-50R) for this model in 2005. I have a 2006 F-512 (12-string brother to the F-50R) which is my favorite guitar in the herd.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Welcome to LTG, djax504!

I'm sure your late-Westerly-period (1999) JF-55 is a gem. Would love to see some pictures of it.

As for the trend, I suspect it did continue. Just so you know, it was only a year or so after your guitar was finished when Fender shuttered the Westerly shop and started producing Guilds in Corona, CA. I'm not even sure if they built JF-55s in Corona, as I don't recall any of our members talking about owning one (don't trust my memory though!). I do know that when Fender acquired Tacoma, they started building Guilds and used the older model name (F-50R) for this model in 2005. I have a 2006 F-512 (12-string brother to the F-50R) which is my favorite guitar in the herd.

They went back to F50 naming in Corona, but I don't recall seeing a Corona F50R either.
Seems like the rosewood back versions of those were never as popular as the maples.