NGD-45th Anniversary

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Picked this one up from an older gentleman, really nice guy, who needs to raise some cash to help towards some pretty significant health issues and surgeries for his wife.

This may well be the prettiest Maple guitar I've ever owned or maybe even seen. My understanding is that this was only made in 1997 and was limited to a run of 45 pieces. I have #32 of 45. F body shape with solid Maple back and sides and solid Sitka Spruce top. It's bound and crowned with beautiful abalone trim, nice Ebony fingerboard and bridge, G shield headstock logo, engraved Maple TRC, 45th anniv. on the 12th fret, gold tuning machines, etc.

I never call anything I own "mint" but this one would be really, really close.

The most important thing though is that it sounds terrific. very sweet and very balanced. Crisp but not too bright and has more than enough volume. I'm not sure if anyone else on the forum has one but if so, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I'm on the various selling sights often (too often really) and I've never seen one of these offered up before. I'm not saying there hasn't been, just that I haven't seen it.

Eric will be along at some point to post some pics. As is always the case, if the pics suck that's on me and not Eric.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
All I can say right now, Richard, is HOLY COW!

...but I will say this, with all these wonderful Guilds that are continually coming into your possession, for the sake of us LTG members, PLEASE think about investing a little bit into the photographic side of it. :friendly_wink:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
All I can say right now, Richard, is HOLY COW!

...but I will say this, with all these wonderful Guilds that are continually coming into your possession, for the sake of us LTG members, PLEASE think about investing a little bit into the photographic side of it. :friendly_wink:
I'll second that emotion. :joyous:

Joe

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
looking mighty creammy indeed...

gFf0wk.jpg

Om02LX.jpg

zTyYNw.jpg

HIqJ5n.jpg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
qDBPlc.jpg

m7n2Dt.jpg

pDNQBz.jpg

congrats on landing this one my friend! enjoy your maple cream candy!!

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
BOMB!! CONGRATULATIONS Richard!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow! I'm speechless!! Such a beauty, but my FAVE detail is the black between the abalone V and the MOP block!!! Such a NICE detail!! :encouragement:

bobouz

Reaction score
I just love maple bodied F-shape Guilds & Gibsons, and this one's got to be near the top of the class.

You were meant to own this guitar - Congrats & enjoy!

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
congrats! some serious bling. i doubt the eventual winner of the super bowl will receive bling like that.