Super Bowl in two weeks

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Looks like we just might have a good game with the Pats and the Falcons.
Both fairly demolished their opponents today so we'll see if they maintain their momentum (I've always disliked the 2 week break).
So, pick your sides and try to remain interested....always tough to do. :unsure:

Part of me wants to see the Brady legacy cemented and part of me wants to see a new face holding the Lombardi overhead. I'll pull for the Falcons in this one.

Joe

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's difficult not to root for the Patriots when you've been in central Massachusetts as long as I have. Most importantly, I want to see a good game, but, yeah, Patriots all the way. :)

All of us who had to endure Mr. Brady's 4-game suspension for deflated footballs would love to see the NFL commissioner have to hand the Super Bowl trophy to Tom, though. ... wry smile ...

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, I'm heartbroken today after my beloved Packers got an old fashioned beat down. I really love Brady and always like to see him succeed but I'll be pulling for Ryan and the Falcons in this one. Either way, the end results will be fine with me, I'm just hoping for a really competitive Super Bowl.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Part of me wants to see the Brady legacy cemented and part of me wants to see a new face holding the Lombardi overhead. I'll pull for the Falcons in this one.

Joe

Already cemented. This game is gravy...

Agree re the 2 week duration between. Always felt it killed team's momentum.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, I'm heartbroken today after my beloved Packers got an old fashioned beat down. I really love Brady and always like to see him succeed but I'll be pulling for Ryan and the Falcons in this one. Either way, the end results will be fine with me, I'm just hoping for a really competitive Super Bowl.

super disappointed in the Packers not showing up at all, but it is difficult to keep the magic going when your team is decimated by injuries to key players. Green bay has nothing to be ashamed of.
I would imagine most will go for ATL as many hate Belly outside of New England, less like me you grew up watching the Pats from the time you were old enough to sit up straight without falling over.
If you survived the basement decades as a Pats fan, yesterdays win was really fun.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
No hate here, just want to see a good game with both sides at full strength, no excuses, no silliness.
As to the two-week layover, I think fans lose a little momentum, too. I know that I do.
:joyous:

Joe

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No hate here, just want to see a good game with both sides at full strength, no excuses, no silliness.
As to the two-week layover, I think fans lose a little momentum, too. I know that I do.
:joyous:

Joe

totally. no need for a 2 week hype fest. cannot stand it.
both teams are like buzz saws. this will be quite the contest.

assuming neither team suffers injuries, we could be seeing same two teams in SB next year as well. as a lifelong Pats fan, I am actually looking forward to Brady retiring. I just do not see him doing so anytime soon. Especially if Goodell continues to be a jackass.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
+1 on dislike for the 2 week wait.

Goodell has avoided visiting New England, and rightly so - take arguably your greatest player and suspend him for four games for allegedly deflating a football? But only give two games to a player for knocking his girlfriend unconscious and dragging her around? It's an embarrassment that he is the commissioner.

GO PATS!!

walrus

griehund

Reaction score
This just in from my pal Larry Johnson.

aholes.jpg

Larry Johnson Cartoons.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Goodell soon to investigate the Pats re a fire alarm being pulled in Steelers hotel. LOL
Alarmgate...

What about crygate? teams who get beat by the Pats continuing to whine and cry over it.

griehund

Reaction score
Goodell soon to investigate the Pats re a fire alarm being pulled in Steelers hotel. LOL
Alarmgate...

What about crygate? teams who get beat by the Pats continuing to whine and cry over it.

The guy that did it got arrested this morning. I guess he figured it was worth it. ROTFLMAO

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
This just in from my pal Larry Johnson.

aholes.jpg

Larry Johnson Cartoons.

Love it!

I kept waiting for Tomlin to make some adjustments during that game, but no. He should have sat Brown for at least the first possession for his "social media" stupidity. That may have ignited the team a little bit, they did not seem very focused the whole game - and neither did Tomlin...

walrus

guildman63

Reaction score
Looks like we just might have a good game with the Pats and the Falcons.
Both fairly demolished their opponents today so we'll see if they maintain their momentum (I've always disliked the 2 week break).
So, pick your sides and try to remain interested....always tough to do. :unsure:

Joe

Joe, you only want the Falcons because of their wildlife-based name. Come on, admit it.

guildman63

Reaction score
Alarmgate...

We had 3-4 fire alarms per night in college during finals week, and most of us did fine...I think.