Typical costs for luthier services

Br1ck

Reaction score
Just curious, which shop did you go to for your repairs?

C.B Perkins. I've had a lot of work done there, and friends have had too, based on my good experience. The D 35 rebuild was by far the most extensive. They do have strong opinions, one of witch I strongly agree with, and that is a fret dressing should always be part of a setup.

Don't know about now, but they were a Guild repair shop for years so didn"t blink at a neck reset.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
C.B Perkins. I've had a lot of work done there, and friends have had too, based on my good experience. The D 35 rebuild was by far the most extensive. They do have strong opinions, one of witch I strongly agree with, and that is a fret dressing should always be part of a setup.

Don't know about now, but they were a Guild repair shop for years so didn"t blink at a neck reset.

Just called 'em, no longer an "Authorized" Service Center and not interested in re-upping after all the turmoil in recent years.

Br1ck

Reaction score
They still do stellar work on them. No one in the area has more Guild experience.

Br1ck

Reaction score
They still do stellar work on them. No one in the area has more Guild experience.

I can see why they wouldn't bother with factory work. They always have a long backlog for major repairs. If you need a fret level before a gig, they'll do everything they can to do it.

OK. the father is an opinionated old coot who doesn't suffer fools lightly, but that doesn't bother me.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've mentioned 'em myself here several times. Just had to update my info about their status.
Was hoping they'd be able to do a warranty repair for my lifting bridge on F65ce. I took it there a few years back when first noticed and advice was to "wait and monitor".
No question of eligibility, but potential need for finish touch up was a concern at the time.
Don't want to ship it, but need to go through Authorized Service Center to get warranty work.
Next step is to call Cordoba, see what they say.
Have another place in mind, maybe they'll consider reimbursing that outfit, Keith Holland's Guitar Hospital, who did the afore-mentioned magnificent refret on my D25.
OK. the father is an opinionated old coot who doesn't suffer fools lightly, but that doesn't bother me.
THAT must be who I talked to on the phone....
:biggrin-new:

Last edited: