2000 Guild Starfire IV Review

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
By popular demand I've written up a review of one of my favorite Guilds - my 2000 Starfire IV.

http://www.gad.net/Blog/2017/02/02/2000-guild-starfire-iv-4/

Guild-2000-Starfire-4-TopFull.jpg

dbirchett

Reaction score
Nice review. Now you need to buy more Guilds for more reviews!

Maybe an X-160 Rockabilly.

Or maybe the S-IV husk so that you can fix it up the way you want it and rant about the guitar chop shops (a noble endeavor, I would add!). An S-V is an amazing guitar as well.

Thanks again.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nice review. My SF4 is slightly older, with the SD-1 pups. I agree wholeheartedly, they are fabulous guitars, a real bargan compared to 335's and such.
I really enjoy your reviews; And second you buying more guitars so you can write about them.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm glad everyone is on board with me spending all my money. :tickled_pink:

I try to only buy when I can score a deal but sometimes something just catches my eye. I came very close to buying more than one of those Rockabilly Guilds that have popped up recently but the timing wasn't right. I wish I had written detailed reviews of all the Guilds I've owned!

I like to buy a deal so I can write about it and pass on the deal to LTG members where applicable (meaning I didn't decide to keep it).

The problem I have now is that my gadsguild.com page is getting too long because there are 14 reviews and a total of 21 articles. I need to reformat that somehow so it's easier to navigate.

Guild should send me review samples. You know, from a time machine when Westerly was in operation. Or a D55. I'd be fine with a D55.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You haven't played a D-55 ?

If I was a LOT closer to New Jersey, I might loan it to you, but , alas, you " are SO far away from me " .

Black Rooster

Reaction score
I'm glad everyone is on board with me spending all my money. :tickled_pink:

I try to only buy when I can score a deal but sometimes something just catches my eye. I came very close to buying more than one of those Rockabilly Guilds that have popped up recently but the timing wasn't right. I wish I had written detailed reviews of all the Guilds I've owned!

I like to buy a deal so I can write about it and pass on the deal to LTG members where applicable (meaning I didn't decide to keep it).

The problem I have now is that my gadsguild.com page is getting too long because there are 14 reviews and a total of 21 articles. I need to reformat that somehow so it's easier to navigate.

Guild should send me review samples. You know, from a time machine when Westerly was in operation. Or a D55. I'd be fine with a D55.

Hi to all...i'm from Italy...i have one same as your and i’m more than happy!it’s my first Guild and it’s from 1997,same color as your but a little difference in body “flames”,mine are equipped with original SD-1 pick-up (made by Seymour Duncan) the famous that last no longer before Fender make your own P-UP.In fact are almost same as Duncan 59….just a little more bright.I had payed mine 1000€ with OHSC and yes i agree with you…had many Gibson’s but the quality of this guitar are same only at Heritage guitars (i have also an H-155)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
You haven't played a D-55 ?

If I was a LOT closer to New Jersey, I might loan it to you, but , alas, you " are SO far away from me " .

I don't think I've ever played a D-55, but I've wanted one forever because I think they are so beautiful. I don't play a lot of acoustic and my Taylor is one of the best sounding acoustics I've ever heard so I generally don't hunt for them. Since the Taylor is so bright I don't tend to chase more classically timbred acoustics which is likely due to my hearing loss from so much 100-watt amp into my face during the '80s.

I'm also more inclined to buy an electric sight-unseen because I can fix almost anything wrong with them short of structural damage. With an acoustic I'd much rather play it before I buy so there's a lot less of a possibility of an impulse purchase from me on that front.

You're still welcome to send me yours, though. :stung:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hi to all...i'm from Italy...i have one same as your and i’m more than happy!it’s my first Guild and it’s from 1997,same color as your but a little difference in body “flames”,mine are equipped with original SD-1 pick-up (made by Seymour Duncan) the famous that last no longer before Fender make your own P-UP.In fact are almost same as Duncan 59….just a little more bright.I had payed mine 1000€ with OHSC and yes i agree with you…had many Gibson’s but the quality of this guitar are same only at Heritage guitars (i have also an H-155)

HI Rooster, welcome aboard!
Your first couple of posts will take a couple of days to be reviewed by moderators then they go into queue according to date first entered.
I think that may be why nobody else has welcomed you yet, they might have missed it.
After the first couple they'll pop up immediately.
I'm sure we'd love to see pictures!

Black Rooster

Reaction score
HI Rooster, welcome aboard!
Your first couple of posts will take a couple of days to be reviewed by moderators then they go into queue according to date first entered.
I think that may be why nobody else has welcomed you yet, they might have missed it.
After the first couple they'll pop up immediately.
I'm sure we'd love to see pictures!
Many thanks for explain to me this :) i had some registration problem,but i think are all almost resolved! shure i will post pictures of my Starfire as soon as possible!!