Any others brands with their name on Bigsby?

Mark WW

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Ibanez Hollow-Bodies (and semi's) so...

AFS75T_TCD_5B_01.png

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nope these are developed and built by dusenberg, germany. ;)

Wasn't there some kind of Fuss awhile ago that Duesenberg Guitars were actually Built in Korea and just Assembled in Germany? I always wanted a Starplayer but kind of backed off after hearing about a bunch of that stuff from former dealers.

TX

Last edited:

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wasn't there some kind of Fuss awhile ago that Duesenberg Guitars were actually Built in Korea and just Assembled in Germany? I always wanted a Starplayer but kind of backed off after hearing about a bunch of that stuff from former dealers.

TX

yep, and I don't know the truth. the ones I've played had been great though and I almost bought a cc at a time.

dbirchett

Reaction score
For a brief time I think in the '70s there were B5 style Bigsbys with Gretsch on them instead of Bigsby.

Were the Ibanez vibratos made by Bigsby?

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

TX
They are. They're the most over-hyped and over-priced Korean guitars out there.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
For a brief time I think in the '70s there were B5 style Bigsbys with Gretsch on them instead of Bigsby.

Were the Ibanez vibratos made by Bigsby?
Yep, there were B-5's with Gretsch on them indeed, another Bigsby-made one we forgot about!

The Ibanez ones are actually properly licensed from the Bigsby company, unlike some others.