DV52NT serial number

Reaction score
Hello,
I am the original owner of a DV52NT serial number EK101193 I belive this is a 1993 mofel can someone confirm this for me?

Thanks,
Fred

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fred,
First, welcome to LTG!

As I gather you noticed, the SN of your DV-52 is higher than the last reported number for 1993, but doesn't use the AD52 prefix that came into use in 1994... the SN lists just aren't complete. IF he doesn't see this and respond soon, PM or e-mail LTG member Hans Moust. He rescued the records from the Westerly factory, and can tell you when your Guild was made. You also might look for a date stamp on the neck block inside the soundhole. Enjoy!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Let me say Welcome as well Ferddy! I agree with Gardman about getting in touch with Hans Moust about your serial number. Most all of the Guild Serial Number charts online are either incomplete or inaccurate including the one linked to the Guild Guitars website. Hans is the person who can definitively tell you when it was made. Here is the link to his website, http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/ you should be able to email him through the contact page Or like Gardman said you can PM him here on the forum. Probably a quicker response through email as his PM inbox here is sometimes full. Once again Welcome to LTG and I hope that helps you out!

TX

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Fred,
First, welcome to LTG!

As I gather you noticed, the SN of your DV-52 is higher than the last reported number for 1993, but doesn't use the AD52 prefix that came into use in 1994... the SN lists just aren't complete.
In fairness it took me a while to also put 2+2 together to realize that in those situations it's a pretty logical deduction that they changed the prefix during that year but don't show the last s/n of the old sequence, only the last one of the new sequence, so an s/n can "fall into that crack".

And yes a '93 should have a date stamp on heelblock, can be on a beveled edge where it can be a little hard to see unless you're really looking.
It indicates when the body was completed just before putting on the top, but actual completion of the guitar is usually a couple to a few weeks later.
Think of it as more like a "conception" rather than "born on" date.
PS Welcome aboard!
Got pics?
:biggrin-new:

Last edited: