F-20

Reaction score
Hi All...1st post....I have a Guild F-20....in really nice shape and sounds great with what I feel is the original case.No scratches or splits or anything else, been well taken care of....has a low serial number...I am wondering what it may be worth...the guy I bought it from claims he bought it in New York when he mustard out after the Korean war in New York or new Jersey. the ser# is below 3000...any ideas of age or value it may have would be appreciated...Cese:smile-new:

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome! According to the notoriously unreliable Guild serial number chart, a serial number between 2000 and 3000 would put it at 1955. That would be a New York-built guitar, from before Guild moved to Hoboken, and would be pretty rare. I can't hazard a guess as to value, though, especially without information about condition. F20s, even early ones, tend not to go for terribly high prices.

Ron from Texas

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Is this your first Guild ? Can you say how it plays and sounds ? Perhaps you can post some pictures for all to see ?

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
IIRC, there was a range of early serial numbers from the very first years (mid-50s) that got (inadvertently) reused in the late 50s... Seems to me this included '55 (my birth year, which is why I remember it) so you might check with Hans Moust (if he sees this, he will likely chime in).

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
IIRC, there was a range of early serial numbers from the very first years (mid-50s) that got (inadvertently) reused in the late 50s... Seems to me this included '55 (my birth year, which is why I remember it) so you might check with Hans Moust (if he sees this, he will likely chime in).

If you give Hans the serial number, he should be able to sort it out.