Jf 30 12str WGB

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG!

Looks like the JF-30-12 model was made from '87 thru the end of the published SN lists in '97 (and perhaps to the close of the Westerly plant or even into production in Corona)... a 10+ year range. A SN would give you the year... without that, Hans Moust might know what years the WGB finish was available.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...and perhaps to the close of the Westerly plant or even into production in Corona....

Yes, I've got a Corona-built JF30-12. Fantastic guitar. My main ax. Corona was in production from 2002 to 2004, then moving to Tacoma, Washington... then New Hartford, CT.... then Oxnard, CA....

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what year it was made ?

HI Dfratto, welcome aboard!
As others have mentioned, Hans Moust is our final go-to authority on dating Guilds, but I enjoy doing a little detective work anyway.
"WGB" stands for the finish color "Woodgrain Blue" and that narrows it down considerably.
I'm assuming you actually own the guitar?
Does it say "Limited" on the truss rod cover on the headstock?
I'm going to hazard it's going to turn out to be an '89.
There should be a date stamp on the heelblock, you may have to look carefully since it might be on a beveled edge of the block, a little hard to see.
That's actually the day the back and sides assembly were completed but the guitar wasn't actually finished until a couple of weeks later or a little longer depending on other factors.
See this thread:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...-30-12-String-1989-Limited-Edition-Blue/page2

I also see one on eBay in Colorado, is that the one you're asking about?:
http://picclick.ca/GUILD-JF-30-12-WGB-LIMITED-EDITION-TWELVE-String-Acoustic-122289589904.html

I notice he think's it's a 2006, but JF30-12's weren't being made at that time.
They weren't even offering a blue finish of any type.
Oh yes, final note, your first few posts will take a little time to show up, they're vetted by moderators.
Then they'll pop up and from then on they'll show up in real time.
So hang in there, and I'm sure we'd love to see pics, lotta love for blue Guilds around here!

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The Blue one on Ebay has some Long running Finish Cracks in the back that you have to really look close at the pictures to see.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The Blue one on Ebay has some Long running Finish Cracks in the back that you have to really look close at the pictures to see.

From a couple of your recent posts I'm sure you've got a much better resolution display than I do, still if they're just finish cracks, that's not too bad for what I suspect is at least a 28-year old guitar.
We don't know yet if the OP has a bird in hand or is doing due diligence on a potential purchase , or if it's even that guitar, but they're so rare I though it might be what they're asking about.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total