unfinished S100 body

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
It's a handsome one. I'd be inclined to stain it but otherwise put on as little finish as necessary.

Are you gonna make a guitar out of it?

-Dave-

drc

Reaction score
It's a handsome one. I'd be inclined to stain it but otherwise put on as little finish as necessary.

Are you gonna make a guitar out of it?

-Dave-

I'll hang on to it and see if I can come across a Guild neck. I almost have all the other parts in hand. Although it might be out of my skill set to Route the pickup chambers.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'll hang on to it and see if I can come across a Guild neck. I almost have all the other parts in hand. Although it might be out of my skill set to Route the pickup chambers.
I'm sure everybody's buddy Hankeroo, or Gibsondeplorable could set you up! *ducking*

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, the "to have been used for the carved models" was posted by the seller. Could be and probably is total BS

I'm just going to throw this out there, drc. This is just a thought, but when Fender closed the DeArmond operation, they had a bunch of left over bodies. They came up with the idea of using those bodies for what they called the Squier "25" series. The S-73 was the S-100 copy, but that series didn't go over so well and they discontinued it re: sales weren't what they expected. Maybe that's one of those left over bodies?

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to throw this out there, drc. This is just a thought, but when Fender closed the DeArmond operation, they had a bunch of left over bodies. They came up with the idea of using those bodies for what they called the Squier "25" series. The S-73 was the S-100 copy, but that series didn't go over so well and they discontinued it re: sales weren't what they expected. Maybe that's one of those left over bodies?

Pretty impressive investigating thinking here Inspector Rampy!.. looks like you've been paying attention in the classroom. Unlike some. :distant:

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Pretty impressive investigating thinking here Inspector Rampy!.. looks like you've been paying attention in the classroom. Unlike some. :distant:

Nah, it was an easy one this time...Here's one of those S-73's next to the '73 carved. :cool:

39b50709-e8e2-4594-a277-bae2315740ca_zpsmy2o84rf.jpg