_B0Z6437_800.jpg

_B0Z4444_800.jpg

1981-Guild-S300-TopFull.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
DO you really think you could start a thread like this and not have Grot show off? I mean, if you had a warehouse full of mint Guilds, wouldn't you?

:cool:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Grot, on the bass on the far right, is that a two-toned finish, or a "full-covering" pickguard? It's a very cool look!

walrus

DThomasC

Reaction score
Don't seem to have a photo of my 77 S-300. It's black. Use your imagination!

Here's the weirdo that started it all for me. Actually, that's not true. My first Guild was a D-25 that I loved so much that I bought this one shortly after. It has a mahogany body with a bolt on maple neck with 22 frets, and a master volume. You'll notice the output jack is on the edge of the guitar, not on the face. The HB-1's were uncovered when I got it. I added the coil split switch myself. Hans has suggested that it was built outside of the factory by an employee.

S-300rotated_zpsnaudtkvx.jpg

Here's a S-300A that I bought from 2nevets.

S300-A-11_zpsfvxyhv3f.jpg

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Here's the weirdo that started it all for me. It has a mahogany body with a bolt on maple neck with 22 frets, and a master volume. You'll notice the output jack is on the edge of the guitar, not on the face. The HB-1's were uncovered when I got it. I added the coil split switch myself. Hans has suggested that it was built outside of the factory by an employee.

S-300rotated_zpsnaudtkvx.jpg

Hello DThomasC,

Yes, and I still think that it was the case although I'm not 100% sure how this guitar came about. It may have started as one of the 'prototypes' or testing models for the S-300, but I don't think that in was completed in this configuration. You could help me get a better understanding of what may have happened by checking the EIA-codes that are stamped into the housings of the pots and letting me know the results.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Grot, on the bass on the far right, is that a two-toned finish, or a "full-covering" pickguard? It's a very cool look!

walrus

As far as I know this finish was only available on the B-402 Bass. Is is a dark translucent stain on the front and back.

rt122.jpg

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Whoa! What do all the controls do?
rt122.jpg

To be honest with you it's been so long since I've played with it I don't remember!

The thing about the B-402 basses is they have active electronics it them.

If I were to hazard a guess, I think the two large black knobs are neck and bridge pick-up volumes.

The two small black knobs are the treble and bass boosts.

The top two toggle switches might be for turning the two pick-ups on and off and the lower one might be a phase switch.

Now I might have to retrieve it from the vault and find out!

<I know it's in here in the bass section somewhere!>

006.jpg

Last edited: