DV52 NT

Reaction score
forgive my poor English ...
I bought a GUILD D52 NT; the serial number is AD570425; in what year was it built? where? Thank you
Angelo Sintini, Ravenna - Italy

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. I moved your post into its own thread in hopes that it would get more replies.

I didn't find an answer quickly. Either it was built after 1997 or the first digit is really a two or I can't read a chart. All of those are possible so hopefully someone else will be along with an answer.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome Angelo!
You bought a great guitar, and I speak from experience :)
Nothing to add to what our fronobulax just said as far as the dating, other than it was made in Westerly R.I.

PS: Nothing wrong with your English, au contraire.... :applouse:

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
SINTO,
Welcome to LTG!
Your DV-52 was likely made after 1997, and the lists are incomplete. LTG member Hans Moust will be able to tell you the date your Guild was made. If he doesn't see this thread, you can PM him, or e-mail him through the address in his profile.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
forgive my poor English ...
I bought a GUILD D52 NT; the serial number is AD570425; in what year was it built? where? Thank you
Angelo Sintini, Ravenna - Italy

Hello Sinto,

Welcome! It's somewhat unlikely that the serial number of your guitar starts with AD57xxxx, and I'm assuming that it reads AD520425, which would make it an instrument from 1994 that was made in Westerly, RI.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
thank you all for the answers!
it is true: it is a great guitar
my English is correct from google translator :)
the serial number instead, I misspelled it :-(
Hansmoust, you're right: the serial number is AD520425

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Sinto! I have never owned a DV52 but as you see they are loved here. I have even made a play for a couple on CL but could not complete. I hope you enjoy it!!!! I cant imagine you won't!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice score! They are great guitars; a step above the D-50 but a step below the D-55. They have pretty much incorporated the spec's from the DV-52 into the D-50 since then.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice score! They are great guitars; a step above the D-50 but a step below the D-55. They have pretty much incorporated the spec's from the DV-52 into the D-50 since then.

Not sure I agree with those steps.
The D50 may have more punch and the D55 more bling, but I've always preferred the DV tone... so I guess I would put them all on the same step, just a matter of personal taste.
All three are awesome acoustics, that we can agree on. :)