The M75 Aristocrat - really nice!

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I was extremely impressed with the newer M75. The fit and finish are very nice. No excess buildup at all. The frets are really smooth and level.
No fret outs anywhere. I think this a delight to behold and play. I really like the details on these - the pick guard shape, vintage tuners, Chesterfield headstock
and the sunburst is really nice. The picture does not do it justice. it actually goes to a nice amber in the middle but my camera didn't pick that up.
165115765.jpg

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I would like a vintage one, but I may break down and get the NS version. But, I already have those pickups on my NS X175B, so I don't know if it will be that different , sonicly.

NEONMOONY

Reaction score
I bought an NS just like that one. I wanted to use it in a band and didn't want to be concerned about a vintage one getting beat up. I was surprised that the pickups in mine were fairly hot.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I love my NS Aristo! The pickups are peppy for sure…the Guild website says the dogears are AlNiCo 5 while the soapbars are AlNiCo 2, but I bet they're all 5s. I plug into my amps' lower gain inputs unless I'm going for a cranked up sound.

-Dave-

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I agree they're seriously nice guitars, especially for the price. Pretty impressive how close in feel and exact dimensions they got to the vintage ones.

I think the pickups are a little too hot too - it's nice to have a little more beef than on a vintage M-75, as those can be on the wimpy side, especially the bridge pickup, but the current ones are a little.."whoa!!". Then again, it's not too expensive to have a pickup rewound.

Zelja

Reaction score
I think the pickups are a little too hot too - it's nice to have a little more beef than on a vintage M-75, as those can be on the wimpy side, especially the bridge pickup, but the current ones are a little.."whoa!!". Then again, it's not too expensive to have a pickup rewound.
This is exactly what I think - found the neck too woofy & the bridge too harsh. Had them rewound and some magnets swaps & really like them now. I had the bridge coil tapped - the tap to give a brighter vintage sound (bright bu sweet) & the full coil to give a creamier more standard P90 sound.

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I found that plugging into my Bassman head with a 12" closed cabinet was the best match.
It sounds great in my Vibrolux and Deluxe Reverb but something about the Bassman head just seems to sounds phenomenal.
Glad to hear there are others who really get this axe.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I like running my Aristo into my Hi-Tone (Hiwatt repro) amp via an A/B/Both box. I use both channels, Normal & Brilliant, with the neck pickup but just Normal with the bridge p'up. The Brill volume is set to add a touch of extra zing without goosing the overall level. With both p'ups on both options work well. With other amps I voice the EQ for the neck p'up and then back off the bridge's tone knob a bit.

-Dave-

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I like running my Aristo into my Hi-Tone (Hiwatt repro) amp via an A/B/Both box. I use both channels, Normal & Brilliant, with the neck pickup but just Normal with the bridge p'up. The Brill volume is set to add a touch of extra zing without goosing the overall level. With both p'ups on both options work well. With other amps I voice the EQ for the neck p'up and then back off the bridge's tone knob a bit.

-Dave-

Great idea with using an A/B box -
I should give that a try.

Stephen

Reaction score
For the parts pros here, would replacing the harp tailpiece for a Bigsby B3 leave exposed holes?