Body dimensions difference between JF-30 and F-50?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Adi was first used for tops in Tacoma on the D40 an D50 "Bluegrass" models as well as the F40 "Valencia" and the CV-2 and CO-2.
https://www.gad.net/Blog/2010/08/23/guild-guitar-catalog-2006/

Yes, the same one in Oxnard now was used from mid -'80's Westerly through New Hartford.

No scalloped bracing on jumbos, besides, the whole point with adi (in Tacoma and later) is that it's strong enough to be able to make bracing of lighter weight but equal strength to sitka. No need to scallop for jumbos.
Guild-1998-Gallery-pg24_1600.jpeg

"Our jumbo guitars never have scalloped bracing because of the breadth of the top".

(Assuming that's accurate, given they showed scalloped bracing on first-year JF30-12's, for example.)
But that comment was concurrent with a change on the spec sheet from "Shaved" to "Jumbo X", so I give it high credibility, besides its accurate premise:

Guild-1998-Gallery-pg34_1600.jpeg
Al, that's wrong. Your information pre-dates the Tacoma-era. Here's a picture of the inside of my Tacoma F-512.

Like I said, this is Tacoma or later, not Westerly. I know for sure that in New Hartford, the braces were rough cut by a computerized mill, and they cranked these things out when they needed them.
top-1.jpeg
top-2.jpeg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al, that's wrong. Your information pre-dates the Tacoma-era. Here's a picture of the inside of my Tacoma F-512.

Like I said, this is Tacoma or later, not Westerly. I know for sure that in New Hartford, the braces were rough cut by a computerized mill, and they cranked these things out when they needed them.
top-1.jpeg
top-2.jpeg
Just goes to show, after only four years (when that '99 GG was published) Fender still hadn't figured out "Never say never" with Guild. :D
Besides, yours is transitional. It's only got the one trussrod. :devilish: :whistle:

And a glue drip?!?!? o_O. Say it ain't so, Joe!!!!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just goes to show, after only four years (when that '99 GG was published) Fender still hadn't figured out "Never say never" with Guild. :D
Besides, yours is transitional. It's only got the one trussrod. :devilish: :whistle:

And a glue drip?!?!? o_O. Say it ain't so, Joe!!!!
Hi, Al.

My 2006 F-512 from the pictures actually has two truss rods. My F-412 GSR, however, which was made the following year, has one. The GSR is unique in several ways, as the top is red spruce and it has a real wood faceplate. I will post some interior pictures of the F-412 at my next string change.

Yeah, the interior of the F-512 does have some glue squeeze and they didn't sand the bridge plate after they drilled the holes, but it's the king of my brood regardless.