Equating $$ to sound and playability

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My last apartment in LA was across from a Panaderia that created some AMAZING smells that permeated my place across the street. Many a morning I had to shuffle across the street to see what was causing me to wake up and smell the baking!!

¿De dónde vienen esos olores increíbles?

That's not French but then neither was my neighborhood. Hispanic and Korean...... when I lived there, but now it's all those damn Caucasian people. And the rents have tripled!! Damn gentrification......

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Pardon, I got nothing out of two years of French in high school...

Back to the OP, overall I agree with the comments in this thread about quality, price, etc. But I will always remember being a teenager and inviting a friend over who was already a very good guitarist in high school. I had a very cheap Sears electric, almost impossible for me to play. He grabbed it and played the intro to "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes". So I would argue that, with exceptions of course, a good player can make any guitar sound decent.

walrus

Zelja

Reaction score
Oh I know the feeling brother, grew up inhaling those fumes every morning walking to school. I was passing by two bakeries on the trip to school. It was particularly awesome in the winter, when I could feel the warmth of the ovens escaping through the street vents, bringing the bakery smell to your nose..... nothing compares!
You've just made me hungry again...and I have been cutting bread out of my diet for the last few months...you are testing me!!
Awesome image, I can smell the the bread & feel the warmth.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I have been cutting bread out of my diet for the last few months...
I could not.
Might as well shoot me.
So I went all in on the jogging, and it works. My numbers are good and I eat at least half a baguette a day, tons of pasta, plus the croissant in the morning. ;)
But I did drastically cut on the salt and sugar, tho. Works for me so far.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My last apartment in LA was across from a Panaderia that created some AMAZING smells that permeated my place across the street. Many a morning I had to shuffle across the street to see what was causing me to wake up and smell the baking!!

¿De dónde vienen esos olores increíbles?

That's not French but then neither was my neighborhood. Hispanic and Korean...... when I lived there, but now it's all those damn Caucasian people. And the rents have tripled!! Damn gentrification......

Me gustan mucho esos olores amigo..... Ahora tengo hambre como Z!

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Hey Tom... where do you find the upside down question mark on your keyboard? And how do you execute an accent over a vowel? I'm impressed by your sophistication!

sailingshoes

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
HAAA HAAA!! Guess who beat me to the punch?? LOL!! Both great sources!! :encouragement:

Now Pascal...... he's sophisticated. AND he speaks French! And apparently Spanish!!

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
¡Muchas Gracias! I was beginning to feel that I had become completely déclassé by not being able to use these symbols in my posts.

sailingshoes