the Good news, then the Bad news, then hopefully a happy ending.

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So I recently bought a used Newark Street Aristocrat M75 in sunburst - love the guitar and feel.
Upon receiving it I was so impressed by the guitar I started searching for an S100 in white.

After doing some exhaustive searching I come to find out the new ones don't come with the Guild TKL Hardshell case.

So I started looking for NOS S100's with Hardshell case.
I found one and paid almost full price + fast shipping.
The guitar arrived:
165142162.jpg

I picked up the box and it felt awfully light....

They sent me an s100 in a "gig bag" in the box with no padding.....totally bummed about that I figure well....
lets open it up and at least play it for a spell.
WOW neck dead straight. Great set up. Pickups sound amazing. So getting an S100 is a must.

I carefully looked over the guitar and it had a dent and finish crack due to shipping in Gig bag with no padding.
So back it went. I'd rather be the one to put the dent in a new guitar rather than receive one already dented.

Long story short, I found another NOS with Guild hardshell case, had the guy put his hands on it to confirm condition and that it had the original Guild Hardshell.
Everything checked out so the wait starts with great anticipation.

I don't know but I think yet another Guild may be in my future

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The part that gets me is it was a nice S100.
But from what I understand the build quality has been pretty consistent for the Newark Street stuff so I hoping for the best and the S100 coming Monday will be just as nice.
Sheez now I'm already looking for another Guild to add to the herd.........

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
If it's any consolation I wasn't terribly impressed with the hard case my NS S100 came in. The latches wouldn't close right and I swear at times the guitar was at more risk in the case since I was afraid that it might fall out.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Since my older S-100 case (the roomier rectangular one) has now become my T-bird's case, I need a proper case for the S-100. I'll probably just get a TKL SG case, though first I should make sure the Guild fits well in an SG case!

-Dave-