Yep...I Bought It!

jedzep

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Small bods are all I play. I'll bet more than one of us was looking this over, maybe even in negotiations, and for all the reasons there were not to pull the trigger I did it anyway. And I'm pretty sure I'm happy about it. We'll see when it gets here. I've owned a couple early 60's M20s and loved them, stupidly flipping them, and I was digging the new M20, but really my '31 Gibson L0 is a better sounding hog to my ear, so that went down the road too. Always wanted to try the spruce version F20 but they've been up in the $1500 range. Can't do that now, so here I am in NGD mode. Wish me luck. I'm fortunate to have low cost expert luthier access so I can't lose, right? Right?

https://reverb.com/item/3115830-guild-f-20-natural-60s-body-70s-neck-s036

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all. Small bods are all I play. I'll bet more than one of us was looking this over, maybe even in negotiations, and for all the reasons there were not to pull the trigger I did it anyway. And I'm pretty sure I'm happy about it. We'll see when it gets here. I've owned a couple early 60's M20s and loved them, stupidly flipping them, and I was digging the new M20, but really my '31 Gibson L0 is a better sounding hog to my ear, so that went down the road too. Always wanted to try the spruce version F20 but they've been up in the $1500 range. Can't do that now, so here I am in NGD mode. Wish me luck. I'm fortunate to have low cost expert luthier access so I can't lose, right? Right?

https://reverb.com/item/3115830-guild-f-20-natural-60s-body-70s-neck-s036

I wanna say "right", but can't see details of original listing anymore, only the "similar" for $995?
Looks like yours has "60's body/70's neck"?
It's a replaced neck?
Well, here's wishing you luck!
(no sass intended)

jedzep

Reaction score
Hmm. That link works for me. Thanks for the hopes and wishes. I figured, better this way than if it was a 60's neck and a 70's bod, so I jumped on it.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The link works for me - great guitar! Congratulations!

walrus

jedzep

Reaction score
I'm not Reverb savvy, was expecting to be able to "see original listing"with more detail like eekBay, but only see one photo and "this listing sold".
Maybe I have to sign in.

You should have been able to click on the pics below the main image.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
You should have been able to click on the pics below the main image.
That's the thing, there's only one pic in upper left for the "item has sold", and a pic of a different instrument, a '64 at $995.00, being the "similar listing"
I think I'd have to log in but I'm not interested enough to sign up.
I know I've seen full details in "current" Reverb items, ones that haven't sold yet.
Anyway I'm sure you'll give us more pics when it gets there.
:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

jedzep

Reaction score
Yeah...Ebay offers 'see orig listing' option. Everyone seems to be able to access, though. I'll make a point of sending some photos.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Boy oh boy I thought you were working on recording ? I myself expect audio or I shall taunt you another time !

Last edited:

jedzep

Reaction score
No, they're 3-on-a-plate Waverly tuners and they are period correct!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Ah...more good news! I was encouraged to see no tell-tale footprint of the earlier style tuners, which added fuel to my GAS. I'm hoping there's a Hoboken label somewhere in the darkness so I can date the bod.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
See nothing that makes me think of a 70's neck; looks all straight to me!

No, they're 3-on-a-plate Waverly tuners and they are period correct!

Ah...more good news! I was encouraged to see no tell-tale footprint of the earlier style tuners, which added fuel to my GAS. I'm hoping there's a Hoboken label somewhere in the darkness so I can date the bod.

Sorry about the confusion, but this is the guitar I was looking at:

F20_front.jpg

So it looks like you were all commenting on another guitar than I was; so discard my remarks re. originality.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

jedzep

Reaction score
Ha (gulp)! Can you see the guitar I bought from the link? Revised comments?