Thanks a lot DRC...

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I bought DRC's beautiful 1994 S-100, but it's so beautiful, so pristine, and so freaking shiny that I need to revamp my guitar photography system! That's actually something I've been meaning to do for quite some time, but seeing as how this highly reflective uber-black beauty is causing me a fair bit of photographic angst, now's the time!

Of course new backgrounds makes me look at new lights and new lights turns into lots of new lights. And reflectors and softboxes and a whole bunch of other stuff that I've convinced myself I could do without thus far.

Anyway, no review for a while because all the photos suck. Just you wait until I get the new backdrops in, though! :single_eye:
1994-S100-BadLight.jpg

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Instead of a soft box, I went with an EZcube. http://www.tabletopstudio.co.uk/Pages/MoreAboutEZcube.htm

I purchased the largest for furniture. I discuss my photography here: http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?156338-New-Photos!&highlight=cube

All those photos were taken with a cheap Kodak digital camera. One of these days I'd love to do them all over again with my digital SLR.

Since I don't have a lot of post photo editing skills, I need to start with a better photo. Certainly not pro but also not the worst.

Hammer

Reaction score
Congrats GAD and, thank you...for buying it before I decided I really didn't need another camera lens! Enjoy...they are pure badassery.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK, I feel better. It's not perfect, but it's way better than the results I was getting before.

Guild-1994-S100-TopAngle2.jpg

hagmeat

Reaction score
Hey GAD,
I've appreciated and really enjoyed all of your reviews so far, but IMHO I think you need to aquire a vintage S100.
Just sayin'

Cheers
Rob

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
If you mean a '70s model, I'll get one if I ever come across a deal on one. I generally don't like the skinny necks on '70s Guilds but it really depends on the guitar. I've owned probably five '70s Starfires and disliked them all. I've owed about that many S300s and loved them all.