Guild F-20 Sunburst (1974)

swiveltung

Reaction score
Love my F20. Just a very comfortable guitar to play. With all the "upside down" truss rod covers, one has to wonder if Guild put them on that way.

JethroTech

Reaction score
The reason I sold it was I fell hard for the M20 hype and replaced it with a '58 M20. The F-20 was a fantastic guitar though, but at the time I was trying to live by the "one-in/one-out" method of guitar collecting.

jedzep

Reaction score
Oh boy...right up my M20 alley. I'm confused by this story but would love to see your M20 as a new owner of a '57.

I know how to hijack a thread, don't I?

Wait...waddya' mean hype?

Last edited:

bobouz

Reaction score
I'm not typically a small bodied guitar kinda guy but I do love the F 20's. It would be hard to fall out of love with one I would think.
At some point in the mid to late '70s, I purchased a new F-20, as small-bodied guitars were starting to take over my world due to their playing comfort. But unfortunately I could never get enough bass out of it, and eventually traded it in for something else (might have been the F-30 I had, but I can't recall for sure).

Guess I'd have to say I was never truly in love with the F-20, so I didn't actually fall out-of-love either!