Incoming D4-NT

Legba

Reaction score
Should be here Monday!
No idea why I am so excited?
This will be an office guitar, replacing a fine Alvarez D30 I sold yesterday.
Been playing for 45 years and already have my dream guitars, however, I'm actually struggling to remain aloof with my emotions on this.
Kind of cracks me up.
Reminds me of the story-

Winnie the Pooh, was asked " Pooh, what's your favorite thing in the world?"
Pooh started to reply eating honey of course, however, he realized --
That while eating honey was great, there was that moment, just before you took the first taste. That moment was his favorite thing in the world!

I had a wonderful friend in the early 90's who I played and learned a ton of stuff that took my playing to the next level. Joe had a Martin D-18, and a D4-NT that defined acoustic guitar to me, and I had a pawn shop $75 Lyle (I think) laminate with a brass nut that served me well.
With two kids and bills, I never thought I would ever own a guitar of that quality.
In 1998 I got my Martin D-18, and then the electrics I loved USA Tele, USA Stratocaster plus, Hobby Les Paul. Still have them.

Over the years I've went back to Acoustic and got the Gretsch I wanted, an awesome OMI Dobro Hound Dog, and my current favorite a Washburn anniversary limited edition Parlor that is beyond any expectations I could dream of.

Now, I feel like the incoming Guild is my first guitar!

So the time, "Just before I taste the honey" will be treasured, and shared with you.

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations!

When it arrives and you place it in your lap for the first time, that D4 is gonna shout, in the infamous words of Eeyore, 'Thanks for noticin'!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome indeed and the D-4 was my gateway to Guild. It is a great guitar for the bucks and should bring great satisfaction. I had a k&k installed in mine and I did about 50 gigs with it before selling it to a friend. Never let me down and yielded more than a few compliments!

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bought one for the wife for Christmas a couple of years ago, and came very close to keeping it for my herd. Great guitars - not just in the "bang for the buck" department, but on their own merits. I love the gut rumble I get from it when I dig in on some open major chords: That arched, laminated back somehow feels more "alive" than braced backs.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Bought one for the wife for Christmas a couple of years ago, and came very close to keeping it for my herd. Great guitars - not just in the "bang for the buck" department, but on their own merits. I love the gut rumble I get from it when I dig in on some open major chords: That arched, laminated back somehow feels more "alive" than braced backs.

In complete agreement. What it lacked ( at least mine anyway ) in tonal definition it more than made up for in projection and warmth. It was a phenomenal show guitar in that respect.

Legba

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
Looking forward to the arrival!
It's a 93 with saddle pickup, $399 with a great no-cost return policy if it is not what I want.
Unless it has/needs repair, I'm pretty darn sure I'll want it. Going to be my office guitar, (work alone in an off-site office

Legba

Reaction score
e0ba7d3ea6070177073889893024f7b7.jpg