I finally really hate Facebook

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And I will need to know what kinda strings were used please.....

fc1huh.jpg

I believe they were G-strings on both of them...... pretty sure.

kdavid

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Accck! Im gone 1 day & I missed so much! Reminds me of college (what I remember anyway) when i miss a week & drink all month to make up for it :livid:
Joe safe travels bring the 12 6 back with new songs
without string threads would there be a string theory?
g strings irritate me
a little rodent never hurt (whatever that meant) & wife insists i make a disc for her
i work on it on my better days
we spend other better days laughing & dancing because we got 40 years apart to make up for LOL
We're buying a house
more later
i do love you guys i hope you know
back to farcebook :tongue:

Last edited:

bobouz

Reaction score
Haven't read this whole thread, but will just say:

I joined Facebook about four years ago because my niece wanted me to. One month later, I un-joined.

Seemed like a load of crap to me then, and a mountain range of crap now.

And the live streaming of violence is absolutely beyond the pale. Although it obviously won't happen, I'd love to see the whole stinking cesspool of social media gone forever!

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Analogies abound for this thread....here's one now!
If you don't like Gibson guitars, don't buy 'em/play 'em. Options are available. No one will come to your door forcing you to buy/play a Gibson so rest easy.

Reminds me of the old slogan: "America....love it or leave it." Now, simply replace America with Facebook and there you have it. Voila!

Too many First World woes in the First World. Take a deep breath..... :peaceful:

Joe

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I left facebook about a month ago, and I don't miss it a bit. Wayyyy too much stupidity going on there. I could get all worked up writing opinions and here was the net result: ZERO. In fact the result was less than zero, because some people were evidently offended and alienated by my posts, and some people's responses made them look really ignorant. I don't want to encourage people make public fools of themselves, in fact, they probably don't need any help, LOL.

Then there is the matter of leaving facebook - you can't just leave; you need to jump through a whole series of hoops that aren't easy to find. I had to search google to figure out how to delete my account; they make it really difficult, kinda like leaving the church of Scientology, LOL.

At any rate, I'm outta there! I have decided that if I put as much effort into song writing as I did into facebook writing, I'll have some good songs before too long, so that's my plan.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
testing

LTG logs me in but won't let me post new posts, any suggestions?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I agree that using FB is a choice and that you always have the option to choose not to use it.

However the choice is not black and white. There are family and friends that I would like to stay in touch with - and my life is enriched because I do - but they have reduced their communications to just Facebook. Show me pictures? They are on Facebook. Make a telephone call - so did you see where I posted about baby Judy's first steps on Facebook? I was so clever. You need to read my description. And so on.

Much of the content on FB annoys me. FB would improve my experience by letting me have more nuanced control over what is displayed in my feed. They will probably never do that because they sell ads and I would never pay for FB even if the previously mentioned family and friends continued their exclusive use.

The fundamental problem is not Facebook but the people posting to Facebook and the fact that many people exercise no restraint or critical thinking when posting.

I'm still there and will probably remain so but I am choosing the lesser evil by remaining.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
LTG logs me in but won't let me post new posts, any suggestions?

Yes. I suggest you be patient, since the above post has appeared. :) Start a new thread or send a PM if we need to engage Technical Support. The device(s) you are using and what you try and why you think your posts are not getting through would be useful information.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Parental tip for our younger LTG members:

Keep your kids off of Facebook for as long as possible. Period.

walrus

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
i was really just having fun with this thread. I will say overall for society FB and social media is def a negative, but for myself specifically it has def been a positive. it was a lot better at first when it was all good fun, but when people started posting about real life $hit, i knew it was headed in a bad direction fast. I use it myself purely for entertainment and in some cases information, usually about bands playing live shows. FB is not my method of keeping in touch with family, or anything like that. i def fell down the rabbit hole for a while, but have cooled off quite a bit. for the life of me i cant understand why someone would make a public post about their father dying, just brings everyone down and it sends a very important and personal message, largely to the wrong recipients, and at that point IMHO yes FB has become your reality and yes there are millions of people living life this way. it is basically virtual reality. Nothing meant personal to anyone here that uses FB publicly in that fashion, and I'm sure many of you do- I just personally do not understand it. I guess it just gets the message out instantly to everyone, but im not sure if people realize just how many people see that. In my mind the internet was alot better when everyone just had a website.

and as far as people posting pictures of what they are having for dinner, I find that far more interesting than a picture of a message board telling me that your train is 14 minutes late...really???

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Parental tip for our younger LTG members:

Keep your kids off of Facebook for as long as possible. Period.

walrus

I have two teenage girls. I can sum up both of their desire to be on Facebook: zero.

Facebook is the realm of moms and old people. Instagram, Snapchat, and the like is where its at. Kids have very little desire to be on Facebook.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have two teenage girls. I can sum up both of their desire to be on Facebook: zero.

Facebook is the realm of moms and old people. Instagram, Snapchat, and the like is where its at. Kids have very little desire to be on Facebook.

That's funny, and seems to be universal with teens. My GF's 14 year old daughter is exactly the same way, and thinks FB is for "old people". Of course, just about everyone's old to her!

Reaction score
I deleted my account over a year ago. There are some things I miss, but I really got tired of all the noise and stupidity.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Adjust your Settings to receive postings from Friends Only and you won't have to read anything from anyone other than people you know and people YOU have chosen to be there.

Take what you need from this life. :peaceful:

Joe

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Adjust your Settings to receive postings from Friends Only and you won't have to read anything from anyone other than people you know and people YOU have chosen to be there.

Take what you need from this life. :peaceful:

Joe

Yeah, but it's the friends that make the most noise! :tongue:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
As I said, it wont let me post NEW posts. It says "Thank you for logging in" but the it tells me "you may not post new threads until you register." So, I'm logged in, but I'm not.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
As I said, it wont let me post NEW posts. It says "Thank you for logging in" but the it tells me "you may not post new threads until you register." So, I'm logged in, but I'm not.

This looks like a new post.

Edit - new thread. Interesting...

CA-35

Reaction score
The fundamental problem is not Facebook but the people posting to Facebook and the fact that many people exercise no restraint or critical thinking when posting.

Frono those are truly words of wisdom. Well said.