NGD: White S-200.

DrumBob

Reaction score
I decided to pass along my black S-200 reissue to a fellow guitarist friend who fell in love with it a few weeks ago, and then, I ordered a brand new white S-200 from Guild with simplified electronics. It arrived via the Brown Truck late last week and I gigged it Sunday night and took to it immediately. It's lighter than the black one, and of course, the electronics layout is a breeze and much more to my liking than the the complicated original reissue. I don't need a whammy bar, and that good-for-nothing Hagstrom unit on the black one never worked right anyway.

The white one looks elegant, plays beautifully right out of the box, stays in tune and sounds terrific. Very pleased. :tickled_pink:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice!

I gotta say I think it's pretty cool that a Guild employee from back in the day has so embraced the NS guitars.

Zelja

Reaction score
Congrats. I'd still prefer a white one with all the bells and whistles though this one may be the far more practical guitar. Glad you are enjoying it.

If the Hagstrom was such a problem as you have experienced I'd be tempted to swap it out with Jazzmaster/Jjaguar trem (which I like) but not sure how practical/feasible that is.

DrumBob

Reaction score
GAD, yes, no argument from me that the NS guitars are excellent players. When I was with Guild, we were making very playable electrics, but nobody wanted them. I just got a new Bluesbird for review from Guild and so far, I'm impressed.

My friend who bought my black S-200 is having the Hagstrom trem removed and the holes filled, and his tech is installing a Bigsby. You might think that's sacrilege, but he's a Bigsby guy and puts them on almost every guitar he has.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
GAD, yes, no argument from me that the NS guitars are excellent players. When I was with Guild, we were making very playable electrics, but nobody wanted them. I just got a new Bluesbird for review from Guild and so far, I'm impressed.

My friend who bought my black S-200 is having the Hagstrom trem removed and the holes filled, and his tech is installing a Bigsby. You might think that's sacrilege, but he's a Bigsby guy and puts them on almost every guitar he has.

Not sacrilege to me. I think the Hagstrom trem is dumb. That's right - I said it. :anonymous:

I like the NS stuff, but I don't think it compares to the Westerly stuff. Now, to be fair, Westerly guitars are hard to compete with so there's that.

I think the NS Guilds are some of the best import guitars guitars out there aside from some import Jacksons I've payed which are *amazing*. f course, "import" is a pretty wide-range word.