Guild G300 Tamarack Review

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Got the G300 Tamarack review done. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with the sound files and may update them later, but the wordy bits are all done.

http://www.gad.net/Blog/2017/05/09/guild-tamarack-g300-acoustic-amplifier/

Guild-G300-Tamarack-After.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh, and yes, I have an Aspen on the way. :anonymous:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice write-up, GAD. Though I must admit I bailed out when the focus moved to circuit boards and opamp counts.

Sorry to veer, but...

I really enjoyed your gas can article. I bought a new generator last fall and I was shocked when I went out to buy a couple of new gas cans. Designed to do something other than what you bought them for (and badly, at that), while costing way too much. Right up there with modern, water-saving showerheads and toilets.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice write-up, GAD. Though I must admit I bailed out when the focus moved to circuit boards and opamp counts.

Sorry to veer, but...

I really enjoyed your gas can article. I bought a new generator last fall and I was shocked when I went out to buy a couple of new gas cans. Designed to do something other than what you bought them for (and badly, at that), while costing way too much. Right up there with modern, water-saving showerheads and toilets.

Thanks! You're not alone. Of the 227 posts on my blog, the gas can article is #1 and has 3x the number of hits of the #2 article which is "Please don't buy a Newfoundland Dog."

A lot of people are REALLY pissed off about gas cans.

Last edited:

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Good review. Your energy level never ceases to amaze me. You always have 7 different things going on; I have trouble keeping up!
I enjoyed learning about these amps even though I don't own an acoustic guitar.
Just out of curiosity, did you play an electric guitar through it? How does it sound?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good review. Your energy level never ceases to amaze me. You always have 7 different things going on; I have trouble keeping up!
I enjoyed learning about these amps even though I don't own an acoustic guitar.
Just out of curiosity, did you play an electric guitar through it? How does it sound?

Thanks! You guys don't even know the half of what I have going on. I don't sleep much. :)

I did play a couple of 2-humbucker guitars through the Tamarack and didn't really like it. Yes, it made the signal louder, but electric guitar amps are designed to add character and acoustic amps are designed not to so you get a very sterile boring sound.

Rubsoul

Reaction score
Great review GAD. I owned a Tamarack for a few years. Cool little amp, but I never fell in love with it. Sold it after finding the best acoustic amp I ever tried, A SWR California Blonde. The CB I played was at a shop that was asking the top end of the spectrum.$$$ I waiting and found the little sister Strawberry Blonde. Was my main acoustic amp until I scored the California Blonde. SWR put out great acoustic amps. I don't think I ever will sell them. A real pleasant surprise was that electrics also sound great thru them. I only add a compression pedal and serves the gigs well.