T-Bird Reissue Tremolo Bar Removal

gilded

Reaction score
Hi Zach, there's a thread here somewhere about it. Somebody should be along today to help you out!

matsickma

Reaction score
Just loosen the large flat head "screw". Because it's tip is tapered to interlock with a small beveled hole in the trem arm you have to retract the "screw" a lot. Then wiggle the trem arm to work it free.
M

DrumBob

Reaction score
I had one of the original T-Bird reissues, and the Hagstrom style trem was so useless and threw the guitar out of tune so often, I removed the arm, after my guitar tech could do nothing to rectify the problem. I sold it a couple weeks ago to a friend, who had the same tech removed the Hag unit and install a Bigsby. It looks great with the Bigsby on it and stays in tune.

Meanwhile, I bought a new white S-200 reissue with the simplified electronics and stop tailpiece, and it's a much better guitar, IMO.

matsickma

Reaction score
Sounds like Guild can expand the options for the Thunderbird to satisfy evrryones tastes. 1) Add option for Guildsby, 2) upgrade the hard stop version to have Vol &Tone controls for both pickups, 3) add the switching electronic pickguard to the hard stop models and 4) provide the above options to include the Franz pickups.
I would definitely snag a Franz pup model with Guildsby with or without switching pickguard assembly.
M

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had one of the original T-Bird reissues, and the Hagstrom style trem was so useless and threw the guitar out of tune so often, I removed the arm, after my guitar tech could do nothing to rectify the problem. I sold it a couple weeks ago to a friend, who had the same tech removed the Hag unit and install a Bigsby. It looks great with the Bigsby on it and stays in tune.

Meanwhile, I bought a new white S-200 reissue with the simplified electronics and stop tailpiece, and it's a much better guitar, IMO.

I'd love to see a pic of the T-Bird with Bigsby.

stig

Reaction score
Sad to see that this pic never materialized. I recently got a S-200, and can find very little online about adjusting/maintaining/assembling the Tremar unit.