First Real Paying Gig Since 1970's

idealassets

Reaction score
Just finished playing a well paid wedding gig early this afternoon. It would be great if I was able to play my Guild guitar, but was put on the roster to play drums for this. We had keyboard, bass, acoustic guitarist, a lady vocalist, and background vocals.

The songs were all modified from the originals as requested, which made life interesting. There were just 4 songs scheduled, with additional keyboards filling in with ambient mood music in back ground- and also with a version of Canon in D during the wedding ceremony.

My plan all along has been to play mostly concerts, festivals, or events- which has been "career" limiting, considering all the bar action that I prefer not to do. If I ever get a paid job playing my Guild, I'll post it right here first!

Last edited:

idealassets

Reaction score
The most recent trend in my area of the world seems to be everyone "doing it for the music", or folks are putting all their money into their own recording studio.

But I'm putting a $1 bill from this job into a frame, and if and when the payday comes for playing guitar the first $1 will go into a gold frame, or maybe brass frame actually.

Last edited:

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations! I hope that second dollar bill comes soon!

idealassets

Reaction score
Wow, thank you. The nicest part is knowing that the wedding party definitely liked the music, and liked the short dialogues between songs. And it was handled in such a way that it was never mentioned that we were worth what we got paid, or anything like that.

I recently found out that an agent that used to book one of my former bands in the late 1970's is now using all his earlier contacts to book his own band to fill those jobs, especially the best paying country club and wedding jobs.

So with us getting this particular wedding job, even the blind squirrel sometimes gets the acorn.

Last edited: